Return to the Cacti & Succulents Forum | Post a Follow-Up

o
Buried Treasure - Chris Moore

Posted by hopefulauthor z5IL (hopefulauthor@sbcglobal.net) on
Thu, Nov 3, 11 at 17:49

Chris Moore, owner of Buried Treasures, passed away April 5, 2011. 41-yrs-old.

Chris was a very decent and caring man.
He loved his succulents, and was proud when complimented..in a good way.

I just heard the news of his passing.
He and I had many conversations over the phone. It was Chris who helped me find a variegated E. Crown of Thorns. I didn't know they existed. He went out of his way to send one to my home.

I feel awful, very depressed.

Anyway, I wanted to inform those who knew Chris or shopped at Buried Treasures. Toni

Follow-Up Postings:

o
RE: Buried Treasure - Chris Moore

I'm sorry for your loss and I only wish I could have gotten to know him. He sounds like he was a very nice man that cared about plants and other people!

o

Sorry to hear you lost a friend. I never ordered anything from them but it is sad that what sounds like a good nursery and a good man has passed.

o

Thanks. I assumed more people heard of Buried Treasures, but apparently not.
Chris was a good guy.

He was so proud of their new baby. Too sad. Toni

o

I am sorry for the loss of your friend. We do make make friends online as well as in person. I'm sure there are others who miss him as well.
Penny

o

I'm also sorry to hear of Chris' passing. I loved to look at his collection. He will be missed by many.

o

Toni,

Im sorry that your feeling sad as well...

We do make friends here and we do care about them.

Im sorry that i never had the opportuntiy to have known this man. He sounds like he was a very nice family man and a great businessman too!

Our thoughts and prayers go out to his family and friends at this sad time...

Take care Toni,

Laura in VB

o

Dear Toni
So sorry to read about Chris--my thoughts and prayers are with you and also his family-though not knowing any of you I do understand the sorrow this news brings--hard to lose a friend--take care and think of the good memories
Mari

o

Toni,
I too have a variegated E. Crown of Thorns from Buried Treasure. Bought it a few years ago and thought it was dead on arrival. Watered it and it swelled up and grew like a weed. I love it. So sorry to here about Chris. I wish I knew him more. So Sorry... I'll keep his family in my prayers.
Stush

o

Hi Toni,
Thank you for posting about Chris, I had no idea. He was a very kind man and always tried to answer any questions concerning plant care.I was wondering why the site had not been updated the last time I looked. I bought several of his Thai COT and they are growing like weeds.
I to am very sad to hear of his passing.

o Post a Follow-Up

Please Note: Only registered members are able to post messages to this forum.

If you are a member, please log in.

If you aren't yet a member, join now!

Return to the Cacti & Succulents Forum

Information about Posting

• You must be logged in to post a message. Once you are logged in, a posting window will appear at the bottom of the messages. If you are not a member, please register for an account.
  • Posting is a two-step process. Once you have composed your message, you will be taken to the preview page. You will then have a chance to review your post, make changes and upload photos.
  • After posting your message, you may need to refresh the forum page in order to see it.
  • Before posting copyrighted material, please read about Copyright and Fair Use.
  • We have a strict no-advertising policy!
  • If you would like to practice posting or uploading photos, please visit our Test forum.
  • If you need assistance, please Contact Us and we will be happy to help.

Learn more about in-text links on this page here