Shop Products
Houzz Logo Print

Comments (16)

• kaktuskris
    10 years ago

I almost hate to say it, for we often criticize the big growers for mislabeling, but I think this time, YES.

Christopher

• Tiffany, purpleinopp Z8b Opp, AL
    Original Author
    10 years ago

TY, appreciate it!

• cactusmcharris, interior BC Z4/5
    10 years ago

I'm with the Chris O' Cactus on this one - they do appear all correct. You should get more correctly labeled ones, Tiffany. I think Christopher, as do I, grows Kalanchoe beharensis 'Fang', so welcome to the club.

Original Author
    10 years ago

TY! I'm no fool, a plant named 'Fang' must be good, I picked that one first. I got every one they had that I liked & don't already have, except a little jade with flower buds on it. I don't need another identical jade just because of that, but man it was cute. Mine will make a flower someday, if I ever stop making tiny plants out of it/them.

• kathi_mdgd
    10 years ago

I have 3 of the fangs,one in the ground and 2 in pots.They all came from the same plant,when a piece broke off I just planted it elsewhere.

They did a good job for once on the labels.
    Kathi

Original Author
    10 years ago

TY, Kathi, just now saw your comment. I can't find pics of most of these with flowers, except Crassula falcata. Wonder why?

• missingtheobvious
    10 years ago

purple, I just noticed there's something smooth and presumably fangless hitchhiking in your first photo.... Hope it's a keeper rather than a weed.

Original Author
    10 years ago

TY, Missing! I think it's off of the Peperomia, but there's no such thing as a weed in a pot (especially if the pot came from CA.) I'm not sure what became of that piece now that the plants were repotted. It probably fell on the ground when I was trying to pry peat away from the roots. Why, oh why do they do it?

• kaktuskris
    10 years ago

Yes, that 'weed' is from the Peperomia, and you can never have enough 'Fangs' in my opinion, vampire that I am. I started mine from a single leaf, and have had several plants from the first one.

Christopher

• rosemariero
    10 years ago

Just a chance the one you have as K. longifolia coccinea ~ may be K. sexangularis. As it grows, you may be able to figure out which for sure (but, as with all Internet pix~that might become rather confusing).

I'm surprised you say you couldn't find pix of C. falcata pix with blooms. There is one linked below.

Here is a link that might be useful:

Original Author
    10 years ago

TY, Rosemarie!

Christopher, there were 5 individual plants in that tiny pot! I gave them some breathing room.

Original Author
    10 years ago

Label check?

(On the left the 'got lost' word is Colorata.)

Original Author
    10 years ago

Label check?

Original Author
    10 years ago

Label check? The one on the right says Crassula platyphylla. I'm confused about the one on the left. Isn't C. obliqua a synonym of C. ovata - in which case this is C. ovata 'Tricolor' ?

Imageshack is making my pics small, gave up on them for today, so the multi-posts.

• rosemariero
    10 years ago

The 'Opalina' doesn't look quite what I'd think it should (but it could be)~will have to wait & see what it looks like down the road. Linked below what I think it should look like.

I have never seen G. amethystinum for sale. So, no clue if that is correct. Would be quite a GEM if it is the one! =)

E. moranii is correct, albeit etiolated. I love the buds & blooms on this one!

Yes, C. ovata 'Tricolor' (although some may argue the point).
    Not sure if they still use C. nudicaulis v. platyphylla or not. Looks like the one.

Here is a link that might be useful:

Original Author
    10 years ago

TYVM! These plants were cold, outside. I saved what I could. The ones still out there yesterday are dead I'm sure, rained all day. If not, 24 deg tonight should make sure they're good'n'dead.

That amethystinum looked already intriguingly purple to me, though the most unhappy, in my novice estimation, of the group that followed me home. Isn't it always the most unusual one? Hope the sun comes back soon.

Sponsored
Peabody Landscape Group
Average rating: 3.5 out of 5 stars8 Reviews
Franklin County's Reliable Landscape Design & Contracting