Shop Products
Houzz Logo Print
kwie2011

chlorosis in Echeveria imbricata

kwie2011
9 years ago

I just got these two beauties on the 25th from Howard. They were perfect when they arrived. Beautiful. I immediately planted them in gritty mix. Within a few days, I saw the 1st sign of chlorosis in a lower leaf of one. Now, just a week after they arrived, there are two yellow leaves on that one, and another beginning to yellow in the other.

What the @#$% could I have done wrong?? My grit is 2 parts granite to 1 part DE - just Al's mix minus the bark. It's rinsed to remove silt. My other Echeverias are in it.

I've kept them inside at night because it's been dropping into the 40s, so they've been between 60-65 degrees. I didn't want them to get cold until they'd recovered from their journey and repotting.

What have I done to cause this?

Comments (4)

• hoovb zone 9 sunset 23
    9 years ago

It just went through a climate change, so some leaf loss is not unexpected.

Not 'Imbricata', by the way. This is 'Imbricata':

• kwie2011
    Original Author
    9 years ago

I'm so glad to hear that. Thank you. These plants almost instantly became favorites. I don't want to lose them.

Thanks for the species correction. I can't see your photo on my browser, but I think I meant E. pulidonis. I got them at the same time and managed to mix them up.

• bikerdoc5968 Z6 SE MI
    9 years ago

Gail has it correct on both counts. Your plant still looks fine. It is normal for them to have leaves die.

Chlorosis doesn't look like what you've shown in your picture. When a plant has this problem all of the leaves show the "yellow" not just a few. It takes time for this to occur and you haven't had the plant near long enough and none of mine have it. Trust me this is normal leaf death and you'll b fine.

This post was edited by bikerdoc5968 on Mon, Nov 3, 14 at 6:36

• kwie2011
    Original Author
    9 years ago

I'm so relieved they're ok. I just love these plants. Thanks, Howard. The little Aloe looks happy. I'm so eager for its flowers to open. Any day now. It's toying with me. :-).

Sponsored
J.Holderby - Renovations
Average rating: 5 out of 5 stars4 Reviews
Franklin County's Leading General Contractors - 2X Best of Houzz!