{{gwi:717944}}

Matthew

Comments (13)

• ssk22 Ohio 5b
    12 years ago
    last modified: 9 years ago

Matthew,
    O.M.G
    I felt like I was looking at a cactus & succulent hardbound book.
    They are great......The babies, are they cuttings or do you do seeds also? I am so jealous....if my plants looked so good .thanks for sharing.
    Sharon

• luvidaho_2010
    12 years ago

Amazing!

• ladylotus
    12 years ago

Matthew, you have a wonderful green thumb. Did you start all those plants from cuttings? Also, it looks like most of your plants are potted in crushed granite eh? Everything looks so neat can clean. Very nice!

• kaktuskris
    12 years ago

Very nice collection! Do you grow them just for yourself, or do you have a business?

Christopher

• Beachplants
    12 years ago

Nice variety - love that, keeps one busy and always something new to find happening. Makes it lots of fun. Your plants look great.

• CorpsmanCooper
    12 years ago

WOW Mathew! Absolutely beautiful! I especially love your Euphorbia flanaganii and Euphorbia spiralis. I'd absolutely love to get my hands of your collection! WOW!

• squishyplant
    Original Author
    12 years ago

Thank you all!!
    It is a passion!!

Ladylotus- Most were propagated by cuttings, I haven't ventured to seed yet. And it's D.E. not crushed granite. I'd love to get my hands on some, Haven't been able to locate it though. I'd really like to use that instead of perlite, although i did just get a 4 cubic foot bag of perlite...

Christopher- I grow all of my plants for pleasure but do sell some occasionally if someone really wants a little dishgarden or something. I'd love to open a nursery though.

CorpsmanCooper- You're Florida too, right? If you're ever in the Melbourne area, I'm sure I could pawn off a few plants on you...

Matthew

• nodakgal
    12 years ago

I am oooohing and ahhing here! I'd be in heaven if I could see it all in person!

• greenman28 NorCal 7b/8a
    12 years ago

Nice pics, nice mix, nice propagation!
    Great show,

Josh

• mari66
    12 years ago

THANK YOU for a wonderful show-- awesome plants an incredible assortment--for a newbie it's overwhelming
    How does one manage all of it ??

Happy Thanksgiving to all
    Mari

• pennyhal
    12 years ago

Matthew, some people spend a lifetime searching for their passion. Others know what their passion is but, unfortunately, can never achieve the success that they crave with it. You are truly one of the unique people who not only know what it is that they love, but have the time, skill, knowledge, and all the other things at hand that it takes to fully immerse themselves in what they love. Then to take that and develop it into something of such great beauty is amazing. And you do it soley because you love it.

Seeing your garden has been a great joy in my day and I want to thank you for sharing your photos of it. Here I was sitting, sort of feeling worn out, and up pop these pictures of all these plants! It sure put a smile on my face in an instant!

I've seen thousands of roses in my life, and every time I see a rose I am still in awe of its beauty. The same for succulents. Being a newbie, it is more so as almost every photo is of a plant is a plant that is new to me. I'd sure like it if you'd share your photos some more. Maybe in smaller batches and tell the name of the plant to help us newbies out. I sure saw some of your plants that I'd like to own...especially since I am succeeding in killing off some of my plants and will need to go shopping for more!

• greenjay
    12 years ago

Matthew,
    I'm now experiencing what I believe is called " succulent envy" ! Amazing plants, keep up the great work !
    Jay

• hoovb zone 9 sunset 23
    12 years ago

And that's a lot of marvelous!