Return to the Cacti & Succulents Forum | Post a Follow-Up

o
Can someone help with photo upload instructions?

Posted by gramadea z5 central MI (My Page) on
Mon, Nov 12, 12 at 20:12

Hi, I have been all over and can't seem to find instruction on how to upload photos on this forum. I am in need of ID and came here for help but can not figure out how to upload a photo. Thanks so much.

Dea

Follow-Up Postings:

o
RE: Can someone help with photo upload instructions?

Hi Dea..
You will need to upload them to a free photo hosting site from your computer. Many of us use photobucket.

After you have them in photobucket, you will want to copy and paste the html code right here into the text box.

It will look like a ton of jibberish, so don't panic. :-)

When you click on preview, it should show your photo, if not something went wrong.

Hope this helps.

JoJo

o

Or, for a tutorial complete with pictures, hit the link. Although Photobucket has changed things a bit since this was made.

tj

Here is a link that might be useful: Pix Posting

o

Thanks so much. I will go try it at the practice site and when I get it right I will post here to ask for help with ID. You are very kind to take the time to help me.

Dea

o

Dea,

You can also load them directly from your computer - when you preview your message, there's an upload-pic dialog box right around your previewed message. This is if you don't want to hassle with a photo-storage site. As Jojo says, the code you want to insert in your message begins with 'a href.....'.

o

Agreed, cactusm. I've quit using my photo-hosting site since they implemented the in-house picture facility for all forums. You can only do 1 pic at a time, but I don't mind. There's a test forum if you want to play with it to get comfortable.

o

Hey! I didn't know you could upload directly from your computer. Teach me to be away. lol.. Guess I learned something here too :-)

Dea,
I see you got the hang of it, that's great!

JoJo

o Post a Follow-Up

Please Note: Only registered members are able to post messages to this forum.

If you are a member, please log in.

If you aren't yet a member, join now!

Return to the Cacti & Succulents Forum

Information about Posting

• You must be logged in to post a message. Once you are logged in, a posting window will appear at the bottom of the messages. If you are not a member, please register for an account.
  • Please review our Rules of Play before posting.
  • Posting is a two-step process. Once you have composed your message, you will be taken to the preview page. You will then have a chance to review your post, make changes and upload photos.
  • After posting your message, you may need to refresh the forum page in order to see it.
  • Before posting copyrighted material, please read about Copyright and Fair Use.
  • We have a strict no-advertising policy!
  • If you would like to practice posting or uploading photos, please visit our Test forum.
  • If you need assistance, please Contact Us and we will be happy to help.

Learn more about in-text links on this page here