Shop Products
Houzz Logo Print
microthrix

Stapelias, Orbeas, and Huernias oh my! Asclepiads in Autumn 2012

Microthrix
11 years ago

sorry i havent been on much lately ... School is taking up a bunch of time, as well as moving a bunch of succulents into my green house.

well, alot of my asclepiads seem to bee enjoying the new warmth brought by the greenhouse, and are putting out lots of blooms. well, here they are! (some pics are particularly blurry. i blame it on my phone ...)

Stapelia gigantea that just bloomed an hour ago,

stapelia gigantea looming over various other Asclepiads ...

This little Giraffe looking one is Orbea halipedicola

Stapeliformis pilosus

Stapelia flavopurpura

Huernia "see a doctor"

Unknown Asclepiad

i know this one is extremely blurry, i just couldnt get a good pic of it ...Huernia procumbens

Unknown Huernia

Orbea variegata

these next two are in the same pot, and the plant looks exactly the same, but with different flowers. also no ID.

Hope you enjoied! there will probably be more, as more bloom.

-Zeck :)

Comments (18)

• 100mphtortoise
    11 years ago

Those are all awesome I liked the unknown one and the pilosus the most.

• noki
    11 years ago

Cool!

• kaktuskris
    11 years ago

Very nice collection!

Christopher

• karyn1
    11 years ago

Very nice. I really like the S. pilosus plant and your unknown bloom.

• paul_
    11 years ago

You have some very, very cool plants there, Zach! How big a plant is the Stapeliformis pilosus? Love a bunch of the ones you have. The purple/black and O varigata are intriguing and love the Huernia.

• Microthrix
    Original Author
    11 years ago

Thanks guys! :P
    Sorry about this, it is Stapelianthus*, not stapeliformis.

The stapelianthus is about 2-3 inches tall, and is relatively easy to care for.

• kathi_mdgd
    11 years ago

Wow you have a great collection there.My favorite is that purple one.TFS
    Kathi

• wantonamara Z8 CenTex
    11 years ago

Very nice and miss hearing from you.

• aftermidnight Zone7b B.C. Canada
    11 years ago

Wonderful collection and great pics by the way, I can't really pick a favorite the are all so beautiful.
    Annette

• pennyhal
    11 years ago

Very interesting collection. Missed hearing from you. Those flowers are amazing.

• hijole
    11 years ago

Micro, my goodness young man where have you been? I've posted MIA bulletins for your whereabouts. Good to see you back on the post.

Very nice and interesting collection you have here.

Welcome back too.

Greg

• jojosplants
    11 years ago

Everything is beautiful! I love these plants, thanks for posting these! I have a few but they are not blooming right now. I call them my Sinkies. lol..

I posted a link to a web site that has 100's of these to look at that may help you with ID's. Its at the top of the forum.

Hope to see more. :-)

JoJo

• noki
    11 years ago

Here is a November surprise (for me at least)... Huernia pillansii just flowered. Here is the first flower, with a second bud on the right. This is tiny!

• elisa_88_
    8 years ago

hello Zech :) you have beautiful plants .. I am interested to some of you if they are available. I am available for trade or sale.

• coldeuphorb
    8 years ago

Amazing collection! I have not yet been able to get my Stapelia to flower. I have been searching for Orbea ciliata for a while and can't find anyone with it!

• Stush2049 Pitts. PA, zone 6
    8 years ago

coldeupnorb;

Looking for same since I saw it on ebay. I think it was overseas.

• camellia1_gw
    8 years ago

Oh, the nearly black is "wicked!" I love it!

• kilo6403
    8 years ago

Nice collection you got there. I've started a few of my own and can't help but continue to expand my collection. They are unique and exquisite flowers for such a basic stemmed succulent.