Return to the Cacti & Succulents Forum | Post a Follow-Up

o
Sad little rescue jade from Lowe's

Posted by LauraRobichaud 5 Massachusetts (My Page) on
Wed, Nov 28, 12 at 21:04

Poor little variegated jade I got for $1.49 tonight. He'll go into gritty mix and a nice clay pot tomorrow.

Follow-Up Postings:

o
RE: Sad little rescue jade from Lowe's

Laura,

PLJ looks to be in fine fettle, and you'll be giving it even more salubrious conditions. Excellent purchase.

o

I split the three jades up and put them in gritty mix in small, separate clay pots. They're sitting on a SE window sill. I won't water for a while. It was in really wet, peaty medium.

o

Laura I'm jealous your Lowe's store has verigated jades. I have yet to see one at mine and I want one really bad.

o

Nothing poor or sad about those jades, they look in great shape to me, compared to a lot of the clearance plants. I am sure they will thrive in your care.

I think jades are an easy rescue. I found a little Skinny Finger 'Gollum' type jade at Lowe's once on clearance for a dollar, and now it is thriving, these are what they look like now.

Christopher

o

Christopher, your jades look beautiful! I sometimes feel if I buy a plant from Lowe's or HD it's akin to buying a puppy from a pet store rather than a reputable breeder. It is fun to provide a neglected plant with the right conditions and watch it thrive. I try to be careful about not bringing any bugs home with the plant!

o

Thanks. Honestly, in my opinion, you can get just as good quality plants from the big box stores as my local greenhouse, which I do buy from as well. It depends when you get the plants, of course. For example, today I saw what to my eyes were Kelly Griffin Aloes in Walmart for $2.98. Even though they were a bit worse for wear, still a good value, in my book.

Christopher

o

Reading all your posts, makes me want one of everything.

o Post a Follow-Up

Please Note: Only registered members are able to post messages to this forum.

If you are a member, please log in.

If you aren't yet a member, join now!

Return to the Cacti & Succulents Forum

Information about Posting

• You must be logged in to post a message. Once you are logged in, a posting window will appear at the bottom of the messages. If you are not a member, please register for an account.
  • Posting is a two-step process. Once you have composed your message, you will be taken to the preview page. You will then have a chance to review your post, make changes and upload photos.
  • After posting your message, you may need to refresh the forum page in order to see it.
  • Before posting copyrighted material, please read about Copyright and Fair Use.
  • We have a strict no-advertising policy!
  • If you would like to practice posting or uploading photos, please visit our Test forum.
  • If you need assistance, please Contact Us and we will be happy to help.

Learn more about in-text links on this page here