Shop Products
Houzz Logo Print
snailprincess

Hi all !from savannah Ga

snailprincess
10 years ago

Hi my name is Sarah and I've been caring for succulents for the past year. These little guys I've had since June, and they are doing well. I was unsuccessful the 1st time. It's really hard to care for them in this climate. I hope to learn lots on here and one day collect succulents and cacti...but for now I've got my hands full.

Btw... Does anyone know how long these guys usually live if kept healthy...what is their life span?

This post was edited by snailprincess on Sat, Nov 23, 13 at 0:10

Comments (11)

• snailprincess
    Original Author
    10 years ago

Some more pics

• snailprincess
    Original Author
    10 years ago

A little overgrown... But I'll trim em in the spring

This post was edited by snailprincess on Sat, Nov 23, 13 at 0:17

• snailprincess
    Original Author
    10 years ago

Some look a little spindly ... But that's before I bought the light. The new growth has improved

• snailprincess
    Original Author
    10 years ago

They have a lot of scars.. They were all grocery store plants except for the stonecrop

• snailprincess
    Original Author
    10 years ago

Last one I promise...

• teisa
    10 years ago

Gosh there is several very pretty collections you have. They seem to really like your set up.

Welcome! And you can never post too many pictures, we LOVE them, lol

Teisa

• kaktuskris
    10 years ago

Hi Sarah:

Welcome, and nice selection of plants you have there. The lifespan of the plants depends on the particular plant, really, and the type of care it receives, of course.

I know Crassula ovata, of which I see two in your photos, are long lived, and have quite a few myself. You have a Gollum Jade and a variegated Jade in there as well. Your particular variegated Jade is the one Jade I have never had success with. It seems fussier than other varieties. Good luck with yours.

Here is one of my Jades, a wavy leaved variety...

Christopher

• Tiffany, purpleinopp Z8b Opp, AL
    10 years ago

Hi Sarah, welcome! I love your planters, and of course, the plants in them! I'd love to see a pic of the whole set-up, if you feel like adding one. Here's some of my succulents hanging on the front porch a few weeks ago. Had to bring them inside recently.
    - Tiffany

• val1
    10 years ago

Sarah - You have a very nice collection. I not familiar with many of them, but the plant in the front of your first picture looks like a sempervivum (it has a pink blush in the center). The common name is hens and chicks. They reproduce by offshoots connected to the mother by stolons. Below is a website with some information.

The variegated jade you have is the same as one I just purchased this summer. So far it has done well for me, but it is a new plant so time will tell.

http://theobsessedgardener.weebly.com/sempervivum.html

• rosemariero
    10 years ago

Welcome to the forum, snailprincess!

I'll list the plants, & you can compare to yours to match up/figure which is which.

Kalanchoe tomentosa
    Crassula ovata 'Gollum'
    Echeveria (2 of them-grey-looking), hard to say, maybe post again after they've been growing under lights for a while
    Echeveria 'Black Prince'
    Sempervivum
    Crassula ovata
    Echeveria 'Topsy Turvy'
    Sedum rubrotinctum
    Crassula ovata 'Tricolor'
    Sedum japonica 'Gold Dots'
    The tall, etiolated guy on the right ~don't know~wait, grow on, post again
    Sprig of something out front of pot-?-maybe a Sedum

Nice collection!

• snailprincess
    Original Author
    10 years ago

Thanx everybody, I really appriciate the replies! I'm still trying to figure this site out, like all the tools and stuff. I'll post some more pics of my setup & plants after Thnxgiving. Everyone has such lovely plants, Thx for all the info very helpful! Im on my phone, so I cant see everyones name or I could reply individually.

Sponsored
Dave Fox Design Build Remodelers
Average rating: 4.9 out of 5 stars49 Reviews
Columbus Area's Luxury Design Build Firm | 17x Best of Houzz Winner!