Return to the Cacti & Succulents Forum | Post a Follow-Up

o
Look what the mailman brought me today :)

Posted by aftermidnight Z8 V. Island B.C. (My Page) on
Tue, Nov 13, 12 at 22:21

Lots of Ohs and Aws as I undid each little bundle, I planted them in community pots for the winter. My first Agaves (darn you Jeff I think you've got me hooked :), a Haworthia, 2 Crassulas and 2 Aeoniums I didn't have, and a little Pachy x.

I mixed up a slightly moist quick draining mix for them, hope they like it. Thanks again Jeff.
Annette

Follow-Up Postings:

o
RE: Look what the mailman brought me today :)

Hi Annette,
Those are all very beautiful! Jeff does have some really nice little Agaves!

I love getting a box of plants! It's like Christmas any day of the year opening the little bundles. lol...

Just to let you know..
In the future when you get new plants or repot them, they should go in a dry mix for a few days to allow the roots to callous over just in case any broke, to avoid rot.

JoJo

o

Thanks JoJo, I was keeping that in mind when I made the potting mix up. It was only the sunshine #4 that was a slightly damp not really wet, the other ingredients grit, perlite and something that looks like turface were bone dry as were the clay pots. There wasn't any damage on the roots that I could see and I kept the mix light and airy just tapping the pots to settle the mix. I'll keep these in the house for the winter, move them out to the greenhouse in the spring.
Annette

o

Annette,

They got there a day early and in fine fettle - I'm glad you're happy with them. If, in a year, you find yourself surrounded by lots of miniature Agaves, I'd be proud to say I knew her when....

o Post a Follow-Up

Please Note: Only registered members are able to post messages to this forum.

If you are a member, please log in.

If you aren't yet a member, join now!

Return to the Cacti & Succulents Forum

Information about Posting

• You must be logged in to post a message. Once you are logged in, a posting window will appear at the bottom of the messages. If you are not a member, please register for an account.
  • Posting is a two-step process. Once you have composed your message, you will be taken to the preview page. You will then have a chance to review your post, make changes and upload photos.
  • After posting your message, you may need to refresh the forum page in order to see it.
  • Before posting copyrighted material, please read about Copyright and Fair Use.
  • We have a strict no-advertising policy!
  • If you would like to practice posting or uploading photos, please visit our Test forum.
  • If you need assistance, please Contact Us and we will be happy to help.

Learn more about in-text links on this page here