Shop Products
Houzz Logo Print
paulzie32

Tryin to find out what type of cactus I've seen... Help

paulzie32
16 years ago

Ok, unfortunately, I don't have a picture :-( Sorry. But it's a cactus I've seen many times over the years (and of course always wanted) but it's always in dish gardens and I've never wanted to buy the whole dish! It's an upright mini looking Opuntia. The pads are fairly round, about an inch and a half to two inches or so across, with spines of about half an inch. The spines are a yellowish/orangey color. I['ve done many many searches for "Cactus Dish Garden", "Dish Garden Cactus", "Mini Opunitia", etc. You name it... and Nothing comes up. The only think I can think of that MAY be the same plant, is Opunita Brasiliensis (A.K.A. Brasiliopuntia brasiliensis, Opuntia argentina, Cuija, etc.). They look like the same type of pads, but the pads on O. brasiliensis are Much Much larger! AND I've never seen cylindrical segments or pads on the ones I'm talking about... as is found on O. brasiliensis.

For all I know, they ARE the same... but I'd really like some one to post a pic of one in a dishgarden and a more positive ID for me.

Thanks all.

Comments (3)

Sponsored
Dream Baths by Kitchen Kraft
Average rating: 4.9 out of 5 stars12 Reviews
Your Custom Bath Designers & Remodelers in Columbus I 10X Best Houzz