Return to the Cacti & Succulents Forum | Post a Follow-Up

o
Need ID for these plants please, thanks :))

Posted by FluffyClou (My Page) on
Sun, Dec 29, 13 at 1:20

I received some plants and a hanging basket for Christmas. Can anyone help me identify them please? Thank you very much! :))

1st - Elephant Bush??
IMG_4394
IMG_4393

2nd
IMG_4395
IMG_4396

3rd - Jade??
IMG_4442
IMG_4441

4th
IMG_4422

5th
IMG_4401

6th
IMG_4434

7th
IMG_4408

8th
IMG_4392

9th
IMG_4387

10th
IMG_4365

11th
IMG_4363

12th
IMG_4379

Follow-Up Postings:

o
RE: Need ID for these plants please, thanks :))

Oh, goodie... Well I can ID most of those for you by glance...

First is a Portulacaria Afra
Second is... A crassula jade of some sort I think.
Third is Crassula Ovata.
Fourth is... Not sure. Aeonium maybe?
Fifth is Senecio Kleiniiformis
Sixth.. etiolated Sedum Rubrotinctum.
Seventh, Graptopelatum Paraguayanese
Eighth, I think this a 'Coppertop' sedum.
Ninth, sedum 'burros tail'
Tenth... Looks to be an aeonium. I'm not good at identifying those.
Eleventh... Hm, a Sedum. Maybe Rupestris.
Twelfth.. some sort of small Kalanchoe species.

o

#2 also P afra, just not variegated.

#12 (Last one) likely K. blossfeldiana or some variation of that.

o

#2 also P afra, just not variegated.

#12 (Last one) likely K. blossfeldiana or some variation of that.

o

Nice gift! I agree with the ladies on the 1st 2 plants. They look like P afra but I haven't seen those colors before. I guess they are coming out with a lot of different varieties. I did find a grayish one with a few streaks at the big box store.

o

They look kinda light starved so It makes it tough to ID. Some Senecio trailing jades also have that same look. Probably is an Afra.

Also, K. Blossfeldiana is a teeny little plant. I have one and it turns a very dark purple with a lot of light. Not the most heat hardy Kalanchoe I have grown.

This post was edited by Sundewd on Sun, Dec 29, 13 at 16:40

o

I agree with some IDs given, but I'll tweak some of them. Good job on the lot so far, Brandon, Karen & Hong!!

Nice gift to receive, Fluffy Clou(d). =)

1. Portulacaria afra f. variegata
2. Portulacaria afra
3. Crassula ovata
4. Aeonium (possibly A. arboreum)
5. Senecio kleiniiformis
6. either Sedum rubrotinctum (etiolated) or if very small, Sedum album (etiolated)
7. possibly xGraptosedum? Whatever it is, it has a virus or some other ailment (deformed leaf growth). I'd check for insects in the crevices. I'd quarantine it & let it grow out, if it's going to.
8. maybe xGraptosedum 'California Sunset'
9. Sedum burrito (Burro's Tail is another Sedum)
10. Echeveria (wait till it grows some/changes color & post again) Does the inflorescence have any buds/blooms on it? Would be great to see, if so.
11. Looks like an xPachy-something or an xGrapto-something
12. Kalanchoe blossfeldiana (leaf size is variable-from very small to very large). If it blooms, come back & show us a pix, please.

Great haul!!

This post was edited by rosemariero on Sun, Dec 29, 13 at 19:15

o

Thanks a lot for the IDs Sundewd, Pirate_Girl, Camellia, and Rosemariero! :))

Sundewd,
The basket has been kept inside for a while after I received it since it has been raining. I placed them outside yesterday and hopefully they will get enough sunlight.

Camellia,
The grayish ones sounds interesting~~

Rosemariero,
"7. possibly xGraptosedum? Whatever it is, it has a virus or some other ailment (deformed leaf growth). I'd check for insects in the crevices. I'd quarantine it & let it grow out, if it's going to. "

~~Sounds scary :( I will check it. Soap + water solution spray is okay, right? - that is, if I ever need to apply anything to the plant.

"10. Echeveria (wait till it grows some/changes color & post again) Does the inflorescence have any buds/blooms on it? Would be great to see, if so."

~~As for the blooms, this is all I have and the focus is not good. I'll try to take another pic if need be.
IMG_4366

Thanks again :D

o Post a Follow-Up

Please Note: Only registered members are able to post messages to this forum.

If you are a member, please log in.

If you aren't yet a member, join now!

Return to the Cacti & Succulents Forum

Information about Posting

• You must be logged in to post a message. Once you are logged in, a posting window will appear at the bottom of the messages. If you are not a member, please register for an account.
  • Posting is a two-step process. Once you have composed your message, you will be taken to the preview page. You will then have a chance to review your post, make changes and upload photos.
  • After posting your message, you may need to refresh the forum page in order to see it.
  • Before posting copyrighted material, please read about Copyright and Fair Use.
  • We have a strict no-advertising policy!
  • If you would like to practice posting or uploading photos, please visit our Test forum.
  • If you need assistance, please Contact Us and we will be happy to help.

Learn more about in-text links on this page here