Shop Products
Houzz Logo Print
fluffyclou

Need ID for these plants please, thanks :))

FluffyClou
10 years ago

I received some plants and a hanging basket for Christmas. Can anyone help me identify them please? Thank you very much! :))

1st - Elephant Bush??

2nd

3rd - Jade??

4th

5th

6th

7th

8th

9th

10th

11th

12th

Comments (7)

• Sundewd
    10 years ago

Oh, goodie... Well I can ID most of those for you by glance...

First is a Portulacaria Afra
    Second is... A crassula jade of some sort I think.
    Third is Crassula Ovata.
    Fourth is... Not sure. Aeonium maybe?
    Fifth is Senecio Kleiniiformis
    Sixth.. etiolated Sedum Rubrotinctum.
    Seventh, Graptopelatum Paraguayanese
    Eighth, I think this a 'Coppertop' sedum.
    Ninth, sedum 'burros tail'
    Tenth... Looks to be an aeonium. I'm not good at identifying those.
    Eleventh... Hm, a Sedum. Maybe Rupestris.
    Twelfth.. some sort of small Kalanchoe species.

• pirate_girl
    10 years ago

#2 also P afra, just not variegated.

#12 (Last one) likely K. blossfeldiana or some variation of that.

• pirate_girl
    10 years ago

#2 also P afra, just not variegated.

#12 (Last one) likely K. blossfeldiana or some variation of that.

• camellia1_gw
    10 years ago

Nice gift! I agree with the ladies on the 1st 2 plants. They look like P afra but I haven't seen those colors before. I guess they are coming out with a lot of different varieties. I did find a grayish one with a few streaks at the big box store.

• Sundewd
    10 years ago

They look kinda light starved so It makes it tough to ID. Some Senecio trailing jades also have that same look. Probably is an Afra.

Also, K. Blossfeldiana is a teeny little plant. I have one and it turns a very dark purple with a lot of light. Not the most heat hardy Kalanchoe I have grown.

This post was edited by Sundewd on Sun, Dec 29, 13 at 16:40

• rosemariero
    10 years ago

I agree with some IDs given, but I'll tweak some of them. Good job on the lot so far, Brandon, Karen & Hong!!

Nice gift to receive, Fluffy Clou(d). =)

1. Portulacaria afra f. variegata
    2. Portulacaria afra
    3. Crassula ovata
    4. Aeonium (possibly A. arboreum)
    5. Senecio kleiniiformis
    6. either Sedum rubrotinctum (etiolated) or if very small, Sedum album (etiolated)
    7. possibly xGraptosedum? Whatever it is, it has a virus or some other ailment (deformed leaf growth). I'd check for insects in the crevices. I'd quarantine it & let it grow out, if it's going to.
    8. maybe xGraptosedum 'California Sunset'
    9. Sedum burrito (Burro's Tail is another Sedum)

1. Echeveria (wait till it grows some/changes color & post again) Does the inflorescence have any buds/blooms on it? Would be great to see, if so.
    2. Looks like an xPachy-something or an xGrapto-something
    3. Kalanchoe blossfeldiana (leaf size is variable-from very small to very large). If it blooms, come back & show us a pix, please.

Great haul!!

This post was edited by rosemariero on Sun, Dec 29, 13 at 19:15

• FluffyClou
    Original Author
    10 years ago

Thanks a lot for the IDs Sundewd, Pirate_Girl, Camellia, and Rosemariero! :))

Sundewd,
    The basket has been kept inside for a while after I received it since it has been raining. I placed them outside yesterday and hopefully they will get enough sunlight.

Camellia,
    The grayish ones sounds interesting~~

Rosemariero,
    "7. possibly xGraptosedum? Whatever it is, it has a virus or some other ailment (deformed leaf growth). I'd check for insects in the crevices. I'd quarantine it & let it grow out, if it's going to. "

~~Sounds scary :( I will check it. Soap + water solution spray is okay, right? - that is, if I ever need to apply anything to the plant.

"10. Echeveria (wait till it grows some/changes color & post again) Does the inflorescence have any buds/blooms on it? Would be great to see, if so."

~~As for the blooms, this is all I have and the focus is not good. I'll try to take another pic if need be.

Thanks again :D