Return to the Cacti & Succulents Forum | Post a Follow-Up

o
Seems like a good deal on a CC

Posted by bsmith717 6 (My Page) on
Thu, Dec 6, 12 at 2:57

I dont have one and really have just started reading up on them. From what i gather they aren't the cheapest to get when larger and if actually a "true" CC then thats even a larger premium.

This one on ebay looks huge and is ~$40 shipped.

http://www.ebay.com/itm/BEAUTIFUL-10-FUCHSIA-CHRISTMAS-CACTUS-WITH-BUDS-FREE-SHIPPING-/230892696533?pt=LH_DefaultDomain_0&hash=item35c246f3d5

Follow-Up Postings:

o
RE: Seems like a good deal on a CC

The plants they are selling are Thanksgiving Cactus' not Christmas Cactus.
You can tell this by the pointed ends/tips. True CC's have rounded edges.
Stevi

Here is a link that might be useful: Thanksgiving, Christmas and Easter Cacti

o

If you want a larger CC, check on Craigslist. I wouldn't think a larger plant would ship well. JMHO

o

• Posted by val1 z4 UT (My Page) on
    Thu, Dec 6, 12 at 8:40

Many of the stores like Walmart, Home Depot, Lowes, and Smith's have large Thanksgiving cactus for sale right now. I even found some named ones and a light yellow. I found the yellow at Walmart and noticed they have very large ones for around $10. Then you wouldn't need to worry about shipping and could enjoy it immediately.

o

I have noticed quite a few stores from nurseries to HD and Lowes are stocking the yellow TC this year. It would be extremely difficult to find a true CC though.

o Post a Follow-Up

Please Note: Only registered members are able to post messages to this forum.

If you are a member, please log in.

If you aren't yet a member, join now!

Return to the Cacti & Succulents Forum

Information about Posting

• You must be logged in to post a message. Once you are logged in, a posting window will appear at the bottom of the messages. If you are not a member, please register for an account.
  • Please review our Rules of Play before posting.
  • Posting is a two-step process. Once you have composed your message, you will be taken to the preview page. You will then have a chance to review your post, make changes and upload photos.
  • After posting your message, you may need to refresh the forum page in order to see it.
  • Before posting copyrighted material, please read about Copyright and Fair Use.
  • We have a strict no-advertising policy!
  • If you would like to practice posting or uploading photos, please visit our Test forum.
  • If you need assistance, please Contact Us and we will be happy to help.

Learn more about in-text links on this page here