Return to the Cacti & Succulents Forum | Post a Follow-Up

o
IDing this succulent

Posted by a.shau 8b (My Page) on
Fri, Dec 20, 13 at 3:22

Hi! You might remember me from this post:
http://forums.gardenweb.com/forums/load/cacti/msg1022344018825.html

Well this guy finally bloomed! Or is in the process anyway. Here are the pictures:

Today:

From before:

(I got these succulents from a guy in the neighborhood that has a huge garden and just takes cuttings from all of his plants as they produce chicks and whatnot. He probably thought this rosette forming was just another succulent and cut it off, not realizing that he was cutting off the bloom.)

Does anyone recognize the flower yet? Thanks!

Follow-Up Postings:

o
RE: IDing this succulent

Nice bloom, you'd like an ID?

If so, I believe (by the bloom) it's an Echeveria, sorry but don't know which.

o

Thanks for coming back with the bloom pix. =)

Sorry to say, but I think the closest you're going to get is that it's an Echeveria hybrid...with E. gibbiflora in the mix. The blooms look like many Ech. hybrids ~nothing so distinctive in them or the body/leaves to stand out as one in particular. Enjoy your pretty plant!

o

I don't know if the flower stem will root, or if it does if it will stick around and form a rosette. Some how I doubt it . BUT the small leaves on the flower stem will root plants fairly easily in time.

o Post a Follow-Up

Please Note: Only registered members are able to post messages to this forum.

If you are a member, please log in.

If you aren't yet a member, join now!

Return to the Cacti & Succulents Forum

Information about Posting

• You must be logged in to post a message. Once you are logged in, a posting window will appear at the bottom of the messages. If you are not a member, please register for an account.
  • Posting is a two-step process. Once you have composed your message, you will be taken to the preview page. You will then have a chance to review your post, make changes and upload photos.
  • After posting your message, you may need to refresh the forum page in order to see it.
  • Before posting copyrighted material, please read about Copyright and Fair Use.
  • We have a strict no-advertising policy!
  • If you would like to practice posting or uploading photos, please visit our Test forum.
  • If you need assistance, please Contact Us and we will be happy to help.

Learn more about in-text links on this page here