Return to the Cacti & Succulents Forum | Post a Follow-Up

o
Pumice in Bulk?

Posted by gargaile (My Page) on
Tue, Dec 31, 13 at 11:21

Hello folks! Anyone know a place in LA area to buy pumice in bulk?

I know OSH sells in small packs but like commercially?

Thank you. Gary

Follow-Up Postings:

o
RE: Pumice in Bulk?

Here's a couple to start with. There is one more that I'm trying to remember and will post when I think of it.

O.F. Wolfinbarger in Ontario off the 60 freeway.
Long Beach Shavings And Top Soil.

o

Not in LA exactly........ but if you're ever near Anaheim stadium, check out Orange County Farm Supply. I think a 50lb bag is still less than $10.00.

Icadena - "Long Beach Shavings And Top Soil" - Is this a pumice source in Long Beach?

o

Thank you both.

o

Growforit, I think so. I asked my brother who is a landscape contractor and he thinks it is. Could be wrong, but a phone call ahead of time might be wise.

o

Are you near the southbay? LA is a big place haha

I go to Lomita Feed which is a Feed store and buy a 40 lb bag for $14-18. Lomita

You could try feed stores in your area

o

I'm in Burbank. I just called Orange County farm supply. 50lb for $8.75 wow!!!

o

wow now that is a good deal!!

o

That's where I get mine. OC Farm Supply. Seems more like 30 pounds, they bag it themselves. Either way, a good deal. They do run out so be sure to call first before you go.

o

Agromin, off Hueneme road in Oxnard/Port Hueneme, sells pumice for app. $35 a yard (fills the bed of a pickup). It's less than an hour north of LA. They also do custom soil mixes for far less than garden supply stores if you're willing to buy by the yard. RTH Zone 10a

o

Rataho.. Thank you. This is a better drive for me than OC from Burbank.

-gary

o

Gary,

You might also see if you have a Hanson Aggregate in your area - many a bag of pumice was harvested in their San Diego location, but they might be in SouCal, too.

o

Thanks guys for tips. I bought some bags at the location in OC.

I was wondering if anyone knows where to get Decomposed Granite in bulk or pebbles or pumic in bulk. Like where u can get them to dump a couple truck loads in your yard, not just bags?

I'm going to be doing some big landscaping about 1500 square feet of lawn changed into a succulent garden.

Any other tips helpful

o

I've use these guys before.

Saddleback Material Company

http://saddlebackmaterialsco.com/index.html

Here is a link that might be useful: Saddleback Material Company

o

Thanks Reggieee I'll check them out. I also got recommended a place called Thompsons Landscaping supplies, but their reviews on yelp aren't the greatest. Anyone have experience with them?

o Post a Follow-Up

Please Note: Only registered members are able to post messages to this forum.

If you are a member, please log in.

If you aren't yet a member, join now!

Return to the Cacti & Succulents Forum

Information about Posting

• You must be logged in to post a message. Once you are logged in, a posting window will appear at the bottom of the messages. If you are not a member, please register for an account.
  • Posting is a two-step process. Once you have composed your message, you will be taken to the preview page. You will then have a chance to review your post, make changes and upload photos.
  • After posting your message, you may need to refresh the forum page in order to see it.
  • Before posting copyrighted material, please read about Copyright and Fair Use.
  • We have a strict no-advertising policy!
  • If you would like to practice posting or uploading photos, please visit our Test forum.
  • If you need assistance, please Contact Us and we will be happy to help.

Learn more about in-text links on this page here