Return to the Cacti & Succulents Forum | Post a Follow-Up

o
yellow christmas cactus

Posted by pamie1 ontario Canada (My Page) on
Thu, Dec 1, 11 at 12:17

I am looking for a yellow christmas or thankgiving cactus here in Canada. I need help in find one.

Follow-Up Postings:

o
RE: yellow christmas cactus

Pamie,

Lots of luck - this is a rare plant.

o

Further Pamie, if you do a search for it right here, you'll see you're not the only one, from other recent discussions about Yellow TC or CC.

(I have read that yellow is too unstable to be commercially viable.)

o

The one I bought last year labeled 'yellow' bloomed again this year, but to me it looks more like a golden color whereas the color when I bought it was paler. Guess that's still in the yellow family. It's a really pretty color. Got to take some pictures.
Beverly

o

I got a yellow,it starts out a pale pink,then the outer parts are a pale yellow.they say to keep them on the warm side for the yellow color.my house is too cool for that to happen.(high gas bills)
Sharon

o

When I searched google.com, I saw that they are selling a yellow christmas cactus on amazon.com. Not sure if this is what you are looking for but worth a look. Type Yellow Christmas Cactus on google.com and it is the first link for amazon. Good luck hope this is what you are looking for.

o

Hey Pamiel,
Here in Montreal I've seen golden yellow Christmas cactus for a few years now. I have an extra 6" pot growing nicely if you're interested. This one has pink undertones to the yellow-really nice.

o

I bought this 1 off Ebay from a dealer in Fla I bought Mon and it was delivered Thurs. This is Limelite (they had added Champagne to the name)I will get her email if anyone is interested. What i bought was 3 nice plants for $18.00 delivered Priority Mail
The pink color you are getting in the yellows comes from being too cool when the buds are forming does the same thing with the white 1's
cliff

o

I've seen several at different Home Depots this year. I've also seen a couple at a local nursery. Keep looking around, you might just find one locally.

o

Dear sungro,
I have been looking for yellow christmas cactus since long. Mine died but since then I have not been able to find one.
can you sell a rooted cutting with me?

Anyone around who has a yellow christmas cactus cutting to sell with me or advise where to get them?

o

To my knowledge, there does not exist a yellow Christmas Cactus.

Josh

o

I like, Sungro! I have the same one! (:

o

I have a Yellow Thanksgiving Cactus...actually there's 2 different plants in the same pot. One came from Hirt's nursery and the other one from Lowe's several months later and decided to pot them together.

Not sure if HIrt's ships to Canada...you can always email them and ask?

I put the link below for the Yellow TC for sale at Amazon/Hirt's

Here is a link that might be useful: Amazon

o

Great shot, Nancy! :-)

Josh

o

Thanks Josh :o)

o Post a Follow-Up

Please Note: Only registered members are able to post messages to this forum.

If you are a member, please log in.

If you aren't yet a member, join now!

Return to the Cacti & Succulents Forum

Information about Posting

• You must be logged in to post a message. Once you are logged in, a posting window will appear at the bottom of the messages. If you are not a member, please register for an account.
  • Posting is a two-step process. Once you have composed your message, you will be taken to the preview page. You will then have a chance to review your post, make changes and upload photos.
  • After posting your message, you may need to refresh the forum page in order to see it.
  • Before posting copyrighted material, please read about Copyright and Fair Use.
  • We have a strict no-advertising policy!
  • If you would like to practice posting or uploading photos, please visit our Test forum.
  • If you need assistance, please Contact Us and we will be happy to help.

Learn more about in-text links on this page here