Return to the Cacti & Succulents Forum | Post a Follow-Up

o
It's Hammer Time

Posted by cactusmcharris 4 / Interior BC (My Page) on
Sat, Dec 15, 12 at 14:52

For most of us, it's true, we can't touch this.

https://picasaweb.google.com/101981560133681023323/SphaeroidInstitute#

A fellow visited the Sphaeroid Institute, and the pictures just about always mesemb with my head mightily.

Here is a link that might be useful: Planet Sphaeroid

Follow-Up Postings:

o
RE: It's Hammer Time

Steven has some mighty nice plants, for sure!!!! Thanks, Jeff.

I am looking forward to his new list of available plants. Apparently, the person who assisted him in this effort died and Steven has been left to his own to get out a new list. Hope I get one!!!! Then again, if I'm not on his list, it won't be electronically delivered, will it!

This post was edited by bikerdoc5968 on Sat, Dec 15, 12 at 16:22

o

Yowsa! Thanks for posting, but could you go back and label all the pics, please ;-)?

I obtained my Tylecodon paniculata from Mr. Hammer back in '08...

T

o

WOW!!!!!
Talk about eye Candy!!! And Cake, and Cookies! lol!!!
Thanks for sharing that Jeff! Beautiful and was a great way to take a break today! One problem though, I saw many I WANT! lol..

Tom! Your funny!! But yes, names would be nice to make a wish list. ;-)

JoJo

o

Thanks for sharing the link to Hao's album, Jeff! That's a load of eye candy for sure!

As much as it would be great to have the names of all the plants, I hope you guys are just kidding about labeling them!! =) I visited Steve's greenhouses in 2009. If I recall correctly, he had at least 6 large greenhouses, all full of wonderful plants. You are overwhelmed by the multitude of eye candy you want to see! Snapping pix...you can't EVEN get them all. Only way to have names is to snap tags at the same time (or try to make out names on partial tags). I can tell you, that never works out when you're shooting several hundred pix of thousands of plants! Then to process those pix & get them in an online album...is no easy feat!

Not current (in case you're thinking of contacting Steve about any of these plants), but here's my album of my visit back in '09. It was a fabulous day!

https://plus.google.com/photos/101816319901863258523/albums/5308410344033386913

Here is a link that might be useful: 2009 at Steve Hammer's

o

Just when I thought I was getting a handle on my addiction you guys had to go and show me these :).

Annette

o

A handle on your addiction? Your kidding right? There is no such thing! lol.. There will always be an enabler lurking around the corner... lol!

We have a nursery here in Tucson that carries mainly mesemb's and I cant wait to go this spring!

JoJo

o Post a Follow-Up

Please Note: Only registered members are able to post messages to this forum.

If you are a member, please log in.

If you aren't yet a member, join now!

Return to the Cacti & Succulents Forum

Information about Posting

• You must be logged in to post a message. Once you are logged in, a posting window will appear at the bottom of the messages. If you are not a member, please register for an account.
  • Posting is a two-step process. Once you have composed your message, you will be taken to the preview page. You will then have a chance to review your post, make changes and upload photos.
  • After posting your message, you may need to refresh the forum page in order to see it.
  • Before posting copyrighted material, please read about Copyright and Fair Use.
  • We have a strict no-advertising policy!
  • If you would like to practice posting or uploading photos, please visit our Test forum.
  • If you need assistance, please Contact Us and we will be happy to help.

Learn more about in-text links on this page here