o
Practicing Caudiscipline Disciplines in Subzero Temperatures

Posted by cactusmcharris 4 / Interior BC (My Page) on
Sat, Dec 17, 11 at 15:10

It all starts with the usual suspects Photobucket

You have to do it when the temperature is on the positively negative side
Photobucket

Always wear correct PPE (personal protective equipment)!!!Photobucket

If you look at this the right way I'm sure you'll see the profile of Alfred Hitchcock
Photobucket

It says it directly and succinctly, I'm sure you'd agree
Photobucket

And The Lady says so, too

Photobucket

I was going to give this one to someone special but decided to keep it for a while - it will nurture a Kalanchoe and an NWC crest cutting as its ducklings. I hope I don't fall into that hole of questionable pots with good plants (but honest, it should make a great rooting bed)...

Photobucket

Waiting to root more cuttings

Photobucket

Inpenetrable with my bits (all of them!, which I'm sure says something about their dullness), so I'll keep it to cook a crumble. I've talked with two cooks and neither of them had seen one.
Photobucket

Follow-Up Postings:

o
RE: Practicing Caudiscipline Disciplines in Subzero Temperatures

A person after my own heart!! If you like it,plant it,that's my motto and i'm stickin to it.I like all your goodies,and i'm sure they'll look even better when the plants are in.
TFS
Kathi

o

Hi Jeff,

Have you checked the back closely for any potter's marks (am assuming your talking about the last pictured ceramic, can't say I'd call that a pot)?

o

Wow Dickie is great. Great find. The last one is Ironstone. It has dulled many a bit for me and some bowls I have just given up on. Alfred is a great likeness. Do you know he did a brief cameo in each one of his movies? Oh and a great show of your safety gear! It always pays to be safe. Stay warm. Paula

o

Kathi,

Exactly my point.

Karen,

True, it's more a pan, and it's a piece of ovenware - I'll see what's imprinted on it and report back (no potter, I think - this was worked in the bowels of Vulcan).

Paula,

I can usually drill ironstone (although, as you know, it's the most difficult). I did know that and I'll try to - right now I hear the snow melt dripping off of the deck.

o

I was wondering what you were doing out in sandals but then I realized it was -10C. I do that. I WANT that coffee cup. Are you going to put a bonsai in it.

o

Hiya again J,

What does this mean " bowels of Vulcan". Is that to say it's metal, not ceramic?

What are you thinking? A pan of various rosettes?

o

Sounds like it's Ironstone earthenware from what these folks have said, Karen.
A heavy, refined earthenware.

Josh

o

That is not proper footwear. Already have drill holes where you slipped... I hope you missed your toes.

o

Jeff,

Nice mugs & duck. Sheesh, that's cold!

o Post a Follow-Up

Please Note: Only registered members are able to post messages to this forum.

If you are a member, please log in.

If you aren't yet a member, join now!

Return to the Cacti & Succulents Forum

Information about Posting

• You must be logged in to post a message. Once you are logged in, a posting window will appear at the bottom of the messages. If you are not a member, please register for an account.
  • Please review our Rules of Play before posting.
  • Posting is a two-step process. Once you have composed your message, you will be taken to the preview page. You will then have a chance to review your post, make changes and upload photos.
  • After posting your message, you may need to refresh the forum page in order to see it.
  • Before posting copyrighted material, please read about Copyright and Fair Use.
  • We have a strict no-advertising policy!
  • If you would like to practice posting or uploading photos, please visit our Test forum.
  • If you need assistance, please Contact Us and we will be happy to help.

Learn more about in-text links on this page here