Return to the Cacti & Succulents Forum | Post a Follow-Up

o
Weird spots on Euphorbia leaves

Posted by MMHF NY (My Page) on
Sat, Dec 15, 12 at 15:50

Hi all,

My wife and I have a rather large, nice coral cactus grafted onto a Euphorbia (indoor plant). About 6-8 weeks ago we started to notice some finely textured, small to large, brown coppery spots on the leaves (top and bottom side). It doesn't look like scale to us, but then again we don't have a lot of experience with cacti and succulent diseases (other than an outbreak of mealy bugs that we successfully dealt with last year). None of these brown spots rub off when you touch them.

Any ideas as to what this is? How to get rid of it? Thanks!

Follow-Up Postings:

o
RE: Weird spots on Euphorbia leaves

• Posted by MMHF none (My Page) on
    Sat, Dec 15, 12 at 17:19

Following are a few more pictures of the spots.

o
RE: Weird spots on Euphorbia leaves

Can't say for sure but it sure looks like soot or mold infestation. Does it rub off? I've grown lots of Euphorbia and have never seen it before.

o Post a Follow-Up

Please Note: Only registered members are able to post messages to this forum.

If you are a member, please log in.

If you aren't yet a member, join now!

Return to the Cacti & Succulents Forum

Information about Posting

• You must be logged in to post a message. Once you are logged in, a posting window will appear at the bottom of the messages. If you are not a member, please register for an account.
  • Posting is a two-step process. Once you have composed your message, you will be taken to the preview page. You will then have a chance to review your post, make changes and upload photos.
  • After posting your message, you may need to refresh the forum page in order to see it.
  • Before posting copyrighted material, please read about Copyright and Fair Use.
  • We have a strict no-advertising policy!
  • If you would like to practice posting or uploading photos, please visit our Test forum.
  • If you need assistance, please Contact Us and we will be happy to help.

Learn more about in-text links on this page here