Return to the Cacti & Succulents Forum | Post a Follow-Up

o
question about temp

Posted by shauntavia z8 GA (My Page) on
Wed, Dec 12, 12 at 16:01

It is around 50 degrees high here in Ga. Is it Ok to keep my plants outside? Also do portulucae bloom? And what time ofyear do kalanchoeanf crassula bloomi

Follow-Up Postings:

o
RE: question about temp

Also do portulucae bloom?

If it did there wouldn't be a single seed to collect. Even in natural areas of growth flowering would be oddly rare. Perhaps why they dont flower commonly is by the animals who feed off of them.

Over time the portulucae had evolved a different way of propagating that involves being dependent on the very same animal to feed off it and leave behind it's left over. If not for this one animal feeding off of them the portulucae would of long sense be extinct..

Ok to keep my plants outside? Yes you could by your plant heartiness zone 50 F is a safe window. As temps can sometimes drop lower and faster than we would want 50 f is a marker to consider bringing in if in colder temp zones. Iffy: if you want to bring in then bring in if not then keep a eye for low temp changes.

Crassula and kalanchoe bloom ?

All things considered crassulla by type ? and your area climate and micro climate factors would be something to learn. I dont have any buy I'm pretty sure the same area climate/ micro climate would be of some concern for kalanchoe

o Post a Follow-Up

Please Note: Only registered members are able to post messages to this forum.

If you are a member, please log in.

If you aren't yet a member, join now!

Return to the Cacti & Succulents Forum

Information about Posting

• You must be logged in to post a message. Once you are logged in, a posting window will appear at the bottom of the messages. If you are not a member, please register for an account.
  • Posting is a two-step process. Once you have composed your message, you will be taken to the preview page. You will then have a chance to review your post, make changes and upload photos.
  • After posting your message, you may need to refresh the forum page in order to see it.
  • Before posting copyrighted material, please read about Copyright and Fair Use.
  • We have a strict no-advertising policy!
  • If you would like to practice posting or uploading photos, please visit our Test forum.
  • If you need assistance, please Contact Us and we will be happy to help.

Learn more about in-text links on this page here