Return to the Cacti & Succulents Forum | Post a Follow-Up

o
White Thanksgiving Cactus Actually Peach!

Posted by hermie3rd 5 (My Page) on
Sat, Dec 21, 13 at 16:21

Hi All - I purchased a TC today, which the tag indicated was white. However, the flowers are a really pretty peach color. I've been reading on here that cooler temps may change the color of the flowers. EIther way I'm good - I love the peach color, but like the white flowers as well. Just thought I would share. :)

Happy Holidays!!
Renee

Follow-Up Postings:

o
RE: White Thanksgiving Cactus Actually Peach!

Very pretty plant!

Ironically, I bought a peach pot that turned out to be one or two peach stems with the others white! Nice surprises, huh? (I don't think mine was due to temp. Just 2 different plants in the pot.)

o

Thanks, Crenda - at the garden center, there were a couple of white (actually white) that also had fuchsia flowers on them as well. I wonder if they were two different plants stuck in the same pot, or if temperatures were doing that as well. I don't know much about TC - just what I've mainly read on here and online elsewhere, but I know there are a couple of threads going on about cooler temps changing flower colors. I guess we'll see! :)

o

Beautiful,i saw some in wally world that were supposed to be white,but you could already see the pink creeping in,so I passed.
Kathi

o

Great find! Looks great!!

Mark

o

Thanks so much, Kathi and Mark! :) Hoping it keeps its peach, but I like the white too. It's got a few small buds on it, and they look peach-ish as well, but I guess next year will be the true test.

Happy Holidays!
Renee

o

cold temps will bring out pink in the white or yellow TC's. usually the reds & darker colors are alright.
Now, Hirts has been selling a pot of Peach & White mixed plants together for several years now so Renee that is what you probably have. a lot of growers have started selling combo's now also. and there has been some weird things going on this year also. maybe something they are putting in the soil mix
cliff

o Post a Follow-Up

Please Note: Only registered members are able to post messages to this forum.

If you are a member, please log in.

If you aren't yet a member, join now!

Return to the Cacti & Succulents Forum

Information about Posting

• You must be logged in to post a message. Once you are logged in, a posting window will appear at the bottom of the messages. If you are not a member, please register for an account.
  • Please review our Rules of Play before posting.
  • Posting is a two-step process. Once you have composed your message, you will be taken to the preview page. You will then have a chance to review your post, make changes and upload photos.
  • After posting your message, you may need to refresh the forum page in order to see it.
  • Before posting copyrighted material, please read about Copyright and Fair Use.
  • We have a strict no-advertising policy!
  • If you would like to practice posting or uploading photos, please visit our Test forum.
  • If you need assistance, please Contact Us and we will be happy to help.

Learn more about in-text links on this page here