Shop Products
Houzz Logo Print
aloefreak1

The Mystery of the Jade Seedling

aloefreak1
11 years ago

I've been meaning to post about this for a while but haven't been able to due to school, soccer, ect. A few weeks ago I decided to take out my newly purchased humongous jade to give it some fresh air and good sunlight. about a week or so later when I was watering my fruits and veggies and realized that my pot full of chile seedling had an ugly duckling. Taking a closer look I realized this ugly duckling was a jade seedling. I have no idea how it got in there. When I took the jade outside it was at the least 12 feet away from any plant in my yard. It also had no fruit on it, only a few young flower buds. Does anyone have any idea how this could have happened? My only theory is that the jade had a seed stuck to it from another plant (as it was recently purchased at the time) and I some how came into contact with it and transferred it orrrr the wind blew it off the plant. Either way the jade seedling is enjoying the outside weather of about 70F during the day and around 38F at night and is still in the pot of chile seedling and receives the same care. What should I do with it? I'm so afraid to mess with it because it's so happy and I don't want to disturb it. Also, are jade self pollinators? The mother plant is in full bloom right now so I'll post some pictures when I get the chance, hopefully sometime this week.

Comments (3)

Sponsored
Ed Ball Landscape Architecture
Average rating: 4.8 out of 5 stars30 Reviews
Exquisite Landscape Architecture & Design - “Best of Houzz" Winner