Return to the Cacti & Succulents Forum | Post a Follow-Up

o
Do succulents appreciate compost in the mix

Posted by hijole 9 (My Page) on
Sat, Dec 3, 11 at 16:56

I was creating a compost pile and was wondering if cacti & Succulents would be ok with the compost mixed together with the graining mix with quick draining soil materials, do you think the castings from compost will be good for them as far as enriching them, will it provide the proper nutrients and the yummies they like to thrive and grow strong?

Also was wondering the same thing with mixing Leaf-mold that I started to save in bags ?

Thank you for the help and may you have a great day in your garden
Greg

Follow-Up Postings:

o
RE: Do succulents appreciate compost in the mix

The main problem with fine particulates is that they clog drainage.
I think the excess moisture retention would negate the benefit of the nutrients.

Josh

o Post a Follow-Up

Please Note: Only registered members are able to post messages to this forum.

If you are a member, please log in.

If you aren't yet a member, join now!

Return to the Cacti & Succulents Forum

Information about Posting

• You must be logged in to post a message. Once you are logged in, a posting window will appear at the bottom of the messages. If you are not a member, please register for an account.
  • Please review our Rules of Play before posting.
  • Posting is a two-step process. Once you have composed your message, you will be taken to the preview page. You will then have a chance to review your post, make changes and upload photos.
  • After posting your message, you may need to refresh the forum page in order to see it.
  • Before posting copyrighted material, please read about Copyright and Fair Use.
  • We have a strict no-advertising policy!
  • If you would like to practice posting or uploading photos, please visit our Test forum.
  • If you need assistance, please Contact Us and we will be happy to help.

Learn more about in-text links on this page here