Return to the Cacti & Succulents Forum | Post a Follow-Up

o
Limelite or Limelight Dancer Schlumbergera

Posted by Cyirra 4 (My Page) on
Thu, Dec 6, 12 at 17:30

Hello,

I recently purchased Limelight Dancer but after it bloomed it made me think I had Limelite instead. I have searched the web for pictures and any descriptions on them to see if I can figure out which one I have. Unfortunately I am not on my home computer so can't include a picture but will try to get one loaded tonight. There isn't a bit of pink or magenta on the bloom at all - petal or throat, which makes me think it is Limelite and not Limelight Dancer. I have to take into consideration that it started to bud before I took possession of it so perhaps they didn't keep it in a cold enough environment to cause the flower to become pink? There is hardly any tube in between the 2 segments on the flower.

Any information anyone might have that could be of assistance would be appreciated!

Follow-Up Postings:

o
RE: Limelite or Limelight Dancer Schlumbergera

Is there really a zygo that is just called Limelight? I don't really find it when I search, just Limelight Dancer. Once I received a cutting marked "Limelight" as a trade, but never really did find any mention of one just called Limelight. The one I have is yellow with a bit of a pink tube, and my house is cool right now. It is a vary vigorous grower and bloomer. It won't pollinate a Thor Alice, or a NOID white that I have. Not sure what else to say about it. I'd be interested in photos, too. Here's my "Limelight"

o Post a Follow-Up

Please Note: Only registered members are able to post messages to this forum.

If you are a member, please log in.

If you aren't yet a member, join now!

Return to the Cacti & Succulents Forum

Information about Posting

• You must be logged in to post a message. Once you are logged in, a posting window will appear at the bottom of the messages. If you are not a member, please register for an account.
  • Please review our Rules of Play before posting.
  • Posting is a two-step process. Once you have composed your message, you will be taken to the preview page. You will then have a chance to review your post, make changes and upload photos.
  • After posting your message, you may need to refresh the forum page in order to see it.
  • Before posting copyrighted material, please read about Copyright and Fair Use.
  • We have a strict no-advertising policy!
  • If you would like to practice posting or uploading photos, please visit our Test forum.
  • If you need assistance, please Contact Us and we will be happy to help.

Learn more about in-text links on this page here