Return to the Cacti & Succulents Forum | Post a Follow-Up

o
milii X morati

Posted by aseedisapromise z4.5 SD (My Page) on
Tue, Dec 11, 12 at 18:15

PG traded with me for this milii X morati plant. It just produced a new stalk from under the mix, in the middle in the photo. Yay!

Follow-Up Postings:

o
RE: milii X morati

Nice plant! Like the different leaves also.

Christopher

o

Hey Barb,

Nice to see you post this here, it looks lovely, congrats on the new shoot (a bit dark in the center, but I think I can see it). Great to see it's doing well w/ you; thanks for the update.

If I had my way, I'd spread this little charmer everywhere, it's easy to grow, quite vigorous when kept heavily watered & fertilized & will bloom almost all year long.

Also, it appears that this plant actually is somewhat rare &/or not all that easy to find (told to me by the man who used to grow this for my group, one of my plant mentors the late Roger Zimmerman). I rather like the notion of spreading this plant around in his memory.

Mine's not in bloom now as I've been regrowing it from one that was badly grown, am trying to make it leaf out from the gangly thing it was when given to me.

Yes, I rather like the patterned leaves, gives lots of visual interest when not in bloom. TFS & enjoy!!

o

Karen, this is an interesting cross, since E. moratii is a caudiciform and much different from the milii group. The leave shape is much like E. moratii but larger and I am curious from which parent it is getting the mottling; I know it should be from E. moratii and mine may change its leaves as it ages. The stems and flowers are definitely E. milii. If you cut yours up enough, maybe... My daughter is at 65th and 2nd....LOL

o

Well Biker,

There's always next year, perhaps next time I trim it, I'll let you know. Is your daughter also 'planty'?

They don't look all that related so far; I really like the mottled leaves myself.

Here's mine from around last August.

Photobucket

o

Karen, my daughter likes to have greenery in her home but I can't say she is as enthusiastic as we are! So that is your E. moratii? Great plant... I will have to be patient and wait and hopefully mine will get the mottled leaves, too!

o Post a Follow-Up

Please Note: Only registered members are able to post messages to this forum.

If you are a member, please log in.

If you aren't yet a member, join now!

Return to the Cacti & Succulents Forum

Information about Posting

• You must be logged in to post a message. Once you are logged in, a posting window will appear at the bottom of the messages. If you are not a member, please register for an account.
  • Please review our Rules of Play before posting.
  • Posting is a two-step process. Once you have composed your message, you will be taken to the preview page. You will then have a chance to review your post, make changes and upload photos.
  • After posting your message, you may need to refresh the forum page in order to see it.
  • Before posting copyrighted material, please read about Copyright and Fair Use.
  • We have a strict no-advertising policy!
  • If you would like to practice posting or uploading photos, please visit our Test forum.
  • If you need assistance, please Contact Us and we will be happy to help.

Learn more about in-text links on this page here