Return to the Cacti & Succulents Forum | Post a Follow-Up

o
Seedlings!

Posted by alkh86 none (My Page) on
Tue, Dec 4, 12 at 18:32

Just wanted to share some of my seedlings!
S. variegata and S. gigantea.

Follow-Up Postings:

o
RE: Seedlings!

Woops

o

Crassula mix

o

Cacti mix

o

Agave and astrophytum

o

Cute seedlings, I especially like the first set. Perhaps you could say what the S. stands for there (would that be Schlumbergera, rather than Sedum, Sempervivum, Sans...??)

o

Oh sorry... I'm new,, lol
S for stapelia

o

They all look great. Which is what in the first 2 pics? My huernia seedlings looked like the ones on the left. What type of potting mix did you use? I have a bunch of cacti & succulent seeds that I'm waiting to start.

o

Thanks! The left are stapelia variegata and the right are stapelia gigantea. My mix is cacti/succulent soil with a bit of sand and some gravel. This is my first experiment with growing from seed, so I'm sure there will some trial and error. I just hope some of them make it :)

o

• Posted by nil13 z21 Mt. Washington L (My Page) on
    Wed, Dec 5, 12 at 11:26

stapelia eh? hmm. you may have just helped identify one of my unidentified seedlings. My SO has sticky fingers and "saves" seeds that are in the middle of the pathway at a certain botanical garden from getting stepped on and destroyed. at least that's the rationalization. It is then my job to turn them into plants.

o Post a Follow-Up

Please Note: Only registered members are able to post messages to this forum.

If you are a member, please log in.

If you aren't yet a member, join now!

Return to the Cacti & Succulents Forum

Information about Posting

• You must be logged in to post a message. Once you are logged in, a posting window will appear at the bottom of the messages. If you are not a member, please register for an account.
  • Posting is a two-step process. Once you have composed your message, you will be taken to the preview page. You will then have a chance to review your post, make changes and upload photos.
  • After posting your message, you may need to refresh the forum page in order to see it.
  • Before posting copyrighted material, please read about Copyright and Fair Use.
  • We have a strict no-advertising policy!
  • If you would like to practice posting or uploading photos, please visit our Test forum.
  • If you need assistance, please Contact Us and we will be happy to help.

Learn more about in-text links on this page here