Return to the Cacti & Succulents Forum | Post a Follow-Up

o
Recommended nurseries Near Pheonix & tucson

Posted by Microthrix 9 (My Page) on
Mon, Dec 10, 12 at 18:59

Imm going off to Arizona for christmas, with my only presents being cacti :D Im going to Bach`s nursery and maybe miles2go if that is open to the public. what are some other good succulent nurseries with a variety of plants near the above named cities?

Thanks guys!

~zeck ☺

Follow-Up Postings:

o
RE: Recommended nurseries Near Pheonix & tucson

Bachs is fabulous, you could literally spend hours there. In the Phoenix area, I'd suggest stopping by P & M in Scottsdale (a little like visiting the DBG), Old West Cactus Farm in north Phoenix (lots of interesting little oddballs in the shade-houses -- the place is enormous), and an intimate little place in Apache Junction called Shady Way Gardens.

o

Thanks for the pointers to the Phoenix-area ones, GS - I've not been to all three of those.

Zech,

Starr Nurseries, too, for Agaves and other tasty things, too. But definitely call first to him and to Miles before you go there.

o

thanks gs!yeah, bach`s is huge! i spent a few hours there roaming around find many beautiful plants, but sadly, i had to only get a few... i even found some 30 year old pelecyphora, but they werent for sale.

do you have a number for miles? i didnt go last trip to arizona. because i couldnt find a number

This post was edited by Microthrix on Mon, Dec 10, 12 at 20:50

o

There are other places I would recommend for Agaves specifically, or for Aloes or Yuccas; the three I mentioned are the best places I've found in the VOTS to shop cacti, in particular. You have to stop by Shady Way, I don't believe it's far at all from your snow bird residence. It's a tiny little place, but they always have interesting stuff I've never seen elsewhere, which earns them high marks from this reviewer. ;-)

o

Here's a link to his web site and phone #'s. do give him a call. :-)

Arid lands is another great place here in Tucson, also would need to call them. They are open most days, but better to call first and make sure. :-)

Arid Lands
http://www.aridlands.com/

Happy Shopping!
JoJo

Here is a link that might be useful: Miles2go

o

In addition to the above, I recommend:

Tucson Area:
B&B Cactus Farm
Plants for the Southwest
Desert Survivors
Mesquite Valley Growers - sometimes has a nice hidden gem

Phoenix Area:
Arizona Cactus Sales
Desert Foothills Nursery
Saguaro Country Nursery (hidden gems in the storage greenhouses)

o

Forgot to mention - Arid Adaptations Nursery in N Tucson.
Never been, but have heard great things about it, and they are not far from Miles' place. Call for hours.

o

Desert Foothills is the best spot in the VOTS for Agaves, Aloes, and Yuccas. Saguaro is/was a nice spot, but they're off my list since they're only open Mon-Fri now, and yeah I made that discovery the hard way -- after a 50 minute drive.

o Post a Follow-Up

Please Note: Only registered members are able to post messages to this forum.

If you are a member, please log in.

If you aren't yet a member, join now!

Return to the Cacti & Succulents Forum

Information about Posting

• You must be logged in to post a message. Once you are logged in, a posting window will appear at the bottom of the messages. If you are not a member, please register for an account.
  • Posting is a two-step process. Once you have composed your message, you will be taken to the preview page. You will then have a chance to review your post, make changes and upload photos.
  • After posting your message, you may need to refresh the forum page in order to see it.
  • Before posting copyrighted material, please read about Copyright and Fair Use.
  • We have a strict no-advertising policy!
  • If you would like to practice posting or uploading photos, please visit our Test forum.
  • If you need assistance, please Contact Us and we will be happy to help.

Learn more about in-text links on this page here