Return to the Cacti & Succulents Forum | Post a Follow-Up

o
Nestled all snug in their beds....

Posted by ilovetogrow 8 Jax FL (My Page) on
Sun, Dec 18, 11 at 20:53

All I need to do is pull the plastic sheets over and I am ready for winter. This will be the first time I am using heat lamps. Looking forward to spring!
Photobucket
Photobucket

Follow-Up Postings:

o
RE: Nestled all snug in their beds....

Very cool!

~Erin~

o

Nice rig!

Oh, the things we do for love.

o

Now that took some planning! I think it's a very cool set up and a good way to enjoy your plants. Now am I correct in assuming that those lights are just lights, not lamps for extra heat?

o

Erin and Hanzrobo thank you very much. Penny they are for heat this year. I usually keep my plants up on shelves during the warm months and then drop them down for the winter. The cement blocks heat up in the day time and usually keep it pretty cozy under 2 sheets of plastic. This year I wanted to go a little more high tech (lol) and added the heat lamps. The past two winters have been very cold here and I just wanted to be safe. I am thinking about adding thermometers. Happy Holidays! Paula
Photobucket

o

So Paula, do any of your neighbors or friends and family look at you funny when they see the lengths you go to? heh

o

Paul,

I know mine do! No one around me understands my obsession at all. Not even a little bit. My husband just tolerates it. Anything to keep me happy LOL.

~Erin~

o

Very nice setup, I envy you!

o

Paul, great name first, I hide my cactus obsession in the back yard. What they see is just part of the hosta, tomato, and annuals/perennial garden parade that magically appears every year. I am lucky as most around me also garden. Thank you all for nice comments. Paula
Photobucket

o Post a Follow-Up

Please Note: Only registered members are able to post messages to this forum.

If you are a member, please log in.

If you aren't yet a member, join now!

Return to the Cacti & Succulents Forum

Information about Posting

• You must be logged in to post a message. Once you are logged in, a posting window will appear at the bottom of the messages. If you are not a member, please register for an account.
  • Please review our Rules of Play before posting.
  • Posting is a two-step process. Once you have composed your message, you will be taken to the preview page. You will then have a chance to review your post, make changes and upload photos.
  • After posting your message, you may need to refresh the forum page in order to see it.
  • Before posting copyrighted material, please read about Copyright and Fair Use.
  • We have a strict no-advertising policy!
  • If you would like to practice posting or uploading photos, please visit our Test forum.
  • If you need assistance, please Contact Us and we will be happy to help.

Learn more about in-text links on this page here