Return to the Cacti & Succulents Forum | Post a Follow-Up

o
Cuttings - IDs?

Posted by chaparralgirl Sonoran Desert CA (My Page) on
Tue, Dec 13, 11 at 20:55

I got these yesterday at HD - they had fallen off their parent plants. (I offered to pay for them, but they just let me have them.)

Photobucket

Several cuttings I could readily identify, so I won't bother with close-ups of those; but these ones I'm not sure of.

Photobucket
I know, not really much to go by. The one on the right I think is Crassula platyphylla. The one on the left I have no idea.

These next few pics I don't know at all, but it sure is neat looking.
Photobucket

Photobucket

Photobucket

Photobucket

Photobucket

This one I was able to ID as Crassula tetragona; I just thought it was cool enough to post. :)
Photobucket

Now, they had two 4" pots of this poor, pitiful little plant that just looks like it's on its last leg. I probably should've left well enough alone, but it tugged at me - I felt like maybe I could possibly bring it back. They offered me a discount on it, so I bought both pots. There was no label (of course), other than to say that it was a succulent. (Duh.) From what remains of it, anyone think they can possibly ID this thing?

Photobucket

Photobucket

Photobucket

Photobucket

Photobucket

Photobucket

Photobucket

*CG*

Follow-Up Postings:

o
RE: Cuttings - IDs?

Hi CG,

Perhaps next time you could number the pix for ease of reference.

So from your first pic, lower right hand corner (or the 5 pix before Crassula tetragona, the one you called neat looking) that is another Crassula, either lycopoidioides or C. muscosa or in that group somewhere (likely Norma can nail it down for us if she's around).

The likelihood of IDying single leaves & even some broken ones is small, if they grow into a plantlet, then one can revisit the question of their ID.

o

In the group of 4 pictures the right two I believe to be crassula capitella 'campfire'. I have one and the leaves look identical.

~Erin~

o

Just a quick reply - I have read the responses so far, and I'm grateful for the input. I do have more I want to add to the discussion, but I have a final tomorrow that I need to study for. I'll be back on probably tomorrow. Thanks so much!

*CG*

o Post a Follow-Up

Please Note: Only registered members are able to post messages to this forum.

If you are a member, please log in.

If you aren't yet a member, join now!

Return to the Cacti & Succulents Forum

Information about Posting

• You must be logged in to post a message. Once you are logged in, a posting window will appear at the bottom of the messages. If you are not a member, please register for an account.
  • Posting is a two-step process. Once you have composed your message, you will be taken to the preview page. You will then have a chance to review your post, make changes and upload photos.
  • After posting your message, you may need to refresh the forum page in order to see it.
  • Before posting copyrighted material, please read about Copyright and Fair Use.
  • We have a strict no-advertising policy!
  • If you would like to practice posting or uploading photos, please visit our Test forum.
  • If you need assistance, please Contact Us and we will be happy to help.

Learn more about in-text links on this page here