Shop Products
Houzz Logo Print
tanpexoctics

succulent seedlings

Here is a few succulents I have been growing from seed since October.some are younger maybe around a month old.first one is Gonolobus cyclophyllus

Comments (15)

• tanpexoctics Willis
    Original Author
    9 years ago

And a Euphorbia schoenlandii neat looking plant

• tanpexoctics Willis
    Original Author
    9 years ago

And a Dioscorea hemicrypta one of 6

• tanpexoctics Willis
    Original Author
    9 years ago

This one has really been a growing all around itself Mestoklema macrorrhizum

• tanpexoctics Willis
    Original Author
    9 years ago

And a Pachypodium lamerei growing like weed

• tanpexoctics Willis
    Original Author
    9 years ago

Young Pachypodium rosulatum var. gracilis

• tanpexoctics Willis
    Original Author
    9 years ago

And some mixed seedling Argyroderma sp.

• tanpexoctics Willis
    Original Author
    9 years ago

Not a plant but part of my user name and one of many just a waiting for dinner.she is a Grammostola pulchra Brazilian black

• greenclaws UK, Zone 8a
    9 years ago

Hi there, whilst I don't grow any of those particular plants you have had great success with (mine are all Jades, Xmas cacti and the like), they look really healthy, so congrats! Must add, I really do like the spider as well!

Gill UK

• tanpexoctics Willis
    Original Author
    9 years ago

Hello Gill I'm really just getting into the plants, if I can just keep them a growing and not dieing I will be happy ,and yep that spider is a nice one she seems to have character ,got ruffling 100 diff sizes and species of tarantula.I stay busy with plants and spiders and work lol

• greenclaws UK, Zone 8a
    9 years ago

Well you seem to be doing just fine with your plants so far. Nice to see they appear to be in fast draining gritty mixes...a must for the vast majority of Cacti/Sucs (there are exceptions to most rules though!) . Keep up the good work and you will be rewarded, and ask any questions you have on here, even if you feel it's a 'simple' question, as any ? you don't know the answer to is a 'hard' one!! Folks are very friendly and helpful too :)

Gill UK

• tanpexoctics Willis
    Original Author
    9 years ago

Thanks for the kind words Gill ,yep I did a lot research on the soil mix for these plants so far seems be working ,however I think I water to much lol that seems to be a habit hard to break .I first started back earlier this year with some lithops from Lowe's ,killed them fast ,did mange to save one ðÂÂÂ.now I have couple hundred of them growing fingers crossed lol,I'm hoping in good few years from now to have some good caudex

• greenclaws UK, Zone 8a
    9 years ago

TP, just checked out your pics again and on looking at the last one you posted the pot appears to be standing in a plastic bag of some kind, correct? There must be a reason but for the life of me I cannot figure it out, lol!! Please put me out of my misery :)
    I think over watering is the reason why a lot of folks kill plants, seems more of a problem than under watering, odd isn't it why that happens? If your plants are in a true gritty mix, perched water/over watering should not be a problem as that only happens when the mix retains water too much...which I'm sue you have already figured out!

Gill UK

• tanpexoctics Willis
    Original Author
    9 years ago

Hello Gill Im going to tell my secret bag on pot to you.when I started the mesembs I put a bag over the pot to keep moisture up to aid in germination ,works good so when I decided to let them out into the real world air, I just pushed the bag down.my thinking was incase problems started to arise I could just put bag back up and it helped keep some moisture in the pot leaving it there ,but now it does need to be removed I just havnt got to it lol here is a pic I took today of the table with most my plants on it,there under a 8 bulb T5 ho florescent 432 watts seem to being doing good ,and it helps heat the 8x12 room also

• tanpexoctics Willis
    Original Author
    9 years ago

And another pic