• hablu
    9 years ago

hmm...
    Take a look at H retusa too.
    (I think, that is more likely)
    harry

• bikerdoc5968 Z6 SE MI
    9 years ago

I think I might lean toward a retusa clone rather than mirabilis. The two pictured plants are both H. mirabilis v mundula from two different growers. Specifically, the plant on the right was obtained from Steve Hammer.

This post was edited by bikerdoc5968 on Wed, Dec 3, 14 at 8:51

• teengardener1888
    Original Author
    9 years ago

This is how the plant was labeled, but I have seen false labels before...........

It had a dozen babies but I removed and potted them all.........

• teengardener1888
    Original Author
    9 years ago

And im inclined 2 believe you bikerdock because you have vastly better experience with Haworthia than I am. Other than that rather common one, This is the only other type I have. What is the name for that one always seen in mixed arrangements.

• rina_Ontario,Canada 5a
    9 years ago

Howard

Is this time of year a prime time to remove & pot up babies? - or it doesn't matter?

Rina

• teengardener1888
    Original Author
    9 years ago

Belonging 2 S. Africa, they grow during our winter..they are in their growing season.....

• DavidL.ca
    9 years ago

Looks very much like mine and I think mine was previously IDed as H. retusa.This is the only Haworthia I have that seems to be stretching a bit due to lack of light though...Hopefully it won't keep growing taller and taller.

• teengardener1888
    Original Author
    9 years ago

these window Haws seems all the same 2 me.....

• bikerdoc5968 Z6 SE MI
    9 years ago

Once again I would agree with Harry as to a possible name. The picture included was given to me as H. mutica but I am not absolutely certain about its ID.

Rina, as you know, these are winter growers. I'm certainly not an expert, but you might want to write Ryan (hanzrobo) because he IS extremely knowledgeable in this area, IMHO. And to address your query, I don't see a reason you couldn't remove a pup and see what happens.

• rina_Ontario,Canada 5a
    9 years ago

Howard

Thank you...
    I already posted -several times- photo of mine that was tagged Haworthia mirabilis mundula. It was suggested that it may not be it...I just snapped a quick pic of it, it looks to me like yours, Howard.
    Teen, do you think it's same as yours?

Even if not 100% sure on name, I like it, it seems to grow well. And I kind of like the 'cluttered' pot; maybe will take off pup or two.

Rina

• hablu
    9 years ago

here's my mutica (click on the picture)
    Harry

• rosemariero
    9 years ago

I used to think they were mutica, but have since changed my mind. Yours too, Harry...I think is H. retusa var. retusa.

• teengardener1888
    Original Author
    9 years ago

My plant looks closest 2 rina. In my opinion, the beauty in succulents lie in their open, sculptural shapes, so the cluttering of babies isn't my fav, and I also want 2 use them as a trade tool as well, Im shure someone is looking for these babies.

• nomen_nudum
    9 years ago

Synonym:Haworthia mirabilis var. mirabilis
    Synonym:Haworthia mundula
    Synonym:Haworthia retusa var. mirabilis
    Synonym:Aloe mirabilis
    Synonym:Haworthia mirabilis subsp. mundula

Some more to confuse