Shop Products
Houzz Logo Print
zadams20

Sedum Multiceps

zachman
13 years ago

A few days ago I saw a picture of sedum multiceps for the first time and mow i cant get it out of my mind. Does anyone have a good source for these amazing little plants? Better yet does anyone have cuttings?

Comments (9)

• pirate_girl
    13 years ago

Have you tried searching for nurseries who sell it?

I bought one in person last week from a woman giving a talk on succulents done bonsai. I don't think this plant comes along too often (in NYC I've seen it 2 or 3 times in 20 yrs.), likely you'll have to buy it from some nursery.

Also, you could post this to the Exchange Page that you're looking for one, lest anyone w/ extra be going there to offer it.

• cactusmcharris, interior BC Z4/5
    13 years ago

Zach,

Partially because I didn't mind doing some of your work for you, and also because I was genuinely curious, I looked for Sedum multiceps and couldn't find any for sale.

Perhaps if you called/emailed some major C&S nurseries you could get a lead on them.

That's quite the 'sic 'em' plant acquirer you have in you - I really enjoy seeing the tradition carried on.

As Karen said, plant appeals (haves and wants) are best posted at the Exchange side of this Forum - the link's at the top of the page.

It certainly is a plant I enjoy growing again, and it got me to thinking that it wouldn't be a cold-hardy one, and would have to be protected from summer water (I could put it with my Aloe dichotoma!), but it's a really nice plant when mature - lots of luck in finding one.

• jade_man
    13 years ago

i found a place but here is the catch

MINIMUM ORDER ~
    within the United States, is $50 before shipping charges have been added. Our minimum order helps you get an assortment of plants to begin your collection and is most freight effective.

Here is a link that might be useful: http://www.succulents.us/sedums.html

• zachman
    Original Author
    13 years ago

wow, thanks for all the info everyone! I cant wait to find one of these! the site above looks like a gold mine. I keep finding more and more great plants. My only problem will be finding somewhere to put them if I decide to buy $50 dollars worth. maybe a christmas present too myself... Ill also post on the trade forum, but I have found it gets far less traffic than this one. (I have a few trades up there with little response)

Thanks again for the leads!

Zach

• norma_2006
    13 years ago

The Huntington Gardens, It is a winter grower and must be kept cool in the summer, likes the shade that time of the year. Zach I will look on your trade list. Norma

• norma_2006
    13 years ago

Jade man what a great suggestion, I looked there, and they are really offering some nice plants and very cheap. It's a great selection for those who are just starting. Norma

• sitabrothers
    12 years ago

Hi Pirategirl,

did you order the sedum from Succulent Gardening? Did you get nice plants? Please reply as I am interested in the same plant. Thank you.

• pirate_girl
    12 years ago

Hi Sitab,

No, sorry, not from Succulent Gardening (don't know who that is).

As I said above, I bought it from "a woman giving a talk on succulents done bonsai". I believe she's in Newburgh, NY, but I don't recall her name.

• billxtar
    10 years ago

I have had sedum multiceps "Miniature Joshua Tree" for many years. I have raised it by itself as a bonsai and as ground cover under other bonsai. I also have a varietal that has slightly fatter leaflets as opposed to flatter in cross-section. I have forgotten the var. name.