Shop Products
Houzz Logo Print
mrbrownthumb

Cart jumpers

mrbrownthumb
18 years ago

I was in Walmart over the weekend and came across these little guys that I couldn't pass up. I think one is an Echeveria purpusorum but I'm not sure about the other two in the pic.

If you have an idea I'd appreciate a lead.

Here is a link that might be useful: Link To New Additions to C&S family

Comments (10)

• borrego
    18 years ago

No clue what they are, but I had a two aloes at H.D. that asked permission to come home with me tonight. I'll post photos tomorrow. I look at it this way: For the price of a bottle of Coke, I can have another plant, no problem. If I have it, then it is a trader.
    MBT - you are a fine blogger. Whatever happened to the agave sitting in the overgrown yard you saw in November? If you ever see the people, I would offer to do a few hours of yardwork for them in exchange for the plant. They probably don't even know what it is.........

• tjsangel
    18 years ago

Hi,

What great finds! I've had many "cart jumpers"! I just dont know how they do it : ) One you have is a Gymno, one is a houseleek (hens & chicks) I think the other may be too. And that one is an Echeveria. I saw the same one at HD and was close to buying it, but I bought a different one. They will have a good home, congrats! It's amazing what kind of deals pop up sometimes.

Jen

• ariole
    18 years ago

I'm more than proud of you, MBT. (Total lack of will power) :-)

Gymnocalycium at 9 o'clock (I'll come up with species if no body beats me to it.)

Sempervivum arachnoideum at 12 o'clock

I agree with you at 3 o'clock

Needs time to grow more or another photo at 6 o'clock.
    (I think Echeveria at the moment.)

Happy, happy growing.

I'm eager to explore your album when time permits.

Al

• rjm710
    18 years ago

I think the Gymno is G. damsii, sometimes listed as G. anisitsii. The 6 0'clock plant could be an Eche or Graptoveria, but I'm leaning towards another Sempervivum. Some good finds!

• sjv78736
    18 years ago

nice additions mbt!

• greenlarry
    18 years ago

Do I see an Adromischus there, second pic?

• mrbrownthumb
    Original Author
    18 years ago

Thanks all, I'll google the names and look at pics. I should probably make up tags. I ended up going to return the two Euphorbias(?) in the first pic and came home with two new plants. I had been wanting a String of Pearls for a long time. I found one in a succulent dish garden. I was so excited to finally find one that I didn't notice the one other special (to me at least) plant next to it. If you check the link again, I updated and addded a new pic of the surprise I came home with today.

Borrego,
    The last time I went by their house and remembered to look it looked dead. It was all flat on the ground, but someone e-mailed me and told me the plant should make it, and come back to life in the spring. Maybe I can see about getting a pup or something for you. They need some help with the yard. When I was a kid they had a nice garden, but now the owners are empty nesters and all they grow are weeds.

Greenlarry,
    Thank you for reminding me that I was given an ID for that plant. You're right, I went and edited the entry with the name of the plant. I got that one at Home Depot.

In the latest pic I added today, I think I'm sure of the name but some confirmation would be appreciated. Thanks again for the help and comments.

• borrego
    18 years ago

MBT - a pup for me is not necessary. You just never know what happens when you talk to people. I have too many plants to count where I have given a few hours of yard work for plants.........I like aloes, agaves are not for me......

• mrbrownthumb
    Original Author
    18 years ago

Borrego,

You're right about ending up with plants when you talk to people. I have a few cuttings of different Cacti and succulents that I am rooting that came as a result of what started as a seed trade. Talking to people about C&S is dangerous.

• breton
    18 years ago

The little Echeveria with the purplish undersides is Echeveria purpusorum. A nice little plant, which seem to be in all teh nurseries all of a sudden around here. It is rather slow-growing, apparently, and rarely offsets (so I've read). One jumped in my cart not long ago.....

A nice little plant!

Sponsored