Shop Products
Houzz Logo Print
dufflebag2002

Bowia 16ft small

dufflebag2002
17 years ago

This is what happens when it is put in the ground.

Image link:

Comments (9)

• cochemiea
    17 years ago

This is a picture of a Beaucarnea, not a Bowiea

• mfyss
    17 years ago

That is an incredible plant!! Yale

• Denise
    17 years ago

Norma,

This IS a Beaucarnea isn't it? If it's a Bowiea, I'm driving right out there to see that in person! Either way, it's awesome! Can you post a pic of the foliage? How big is the base? How tall is it? I'm SO jealous!

Denise in Omaha

• mrbrownthumb
    17 years ago

That's a nice fat trunk on that plant.

But I was really hoping to see a pic of Bowiea I've wanted one for ever.

• christavanderrest
    15 years ago

I happen to see that you are looking for a picture of a Bowia. I so happen to grow Bowia Volubillis for hobby!
    IF you are interested in more pictures, please send me a mail.

Christa van der Rest
    P.S - I am living in the Netherlands and because my English writing is not to best, I have to rely on my son to answere your mail.

Here is a link that might be useful: Bowia picture

• cactusjordi
    15 years ago

Hello Christa,

Your Bowiea is a very young and nice plant. (Deine B. ist eine sehr junge und schöne Pflanze)
    Hopefully Norma -at least she should have admitted her mistake- will learn now about the 'little' difference between Beaucarnea and Bowiea.

Jordi

• cena60
    15 years ago

That guy has grow at least a foot in diameter since the last time I saw it!

Please do post an entire pic of it.
    Are you coming South for the SDC&S Show & Sale this weekend, or have you slowed down with traveling?

(My screen name gives the clue!)

• debbysunshine
    15 years ago

This looks to me from the base a Ponytail Plant and yours is wonderful. The official name is Beaucamea Recuvata. The picture you posted was a succulant Sea Onion a little different from my Pregnant Onion but just as cool. I'm jealouse of the way you got two arms and heads on your plant. It is really big. Mine is 22years old and still in a large pot which I just repotted and it was so pot bound and two of us had tio lift it because that plant was so heavy but was getting yellow so I knew it was time for a change. debbysunshine@hotmail.com

• jeffrey_gardener
    15 years ago

DEBBY IS RIGHT...ALL OTHER ANSWERS ARE WRONG. IT IS ABSOLUTELY A PONYTAIL PALM. I HAVE A TWIN TO IT THAT IS 5 FT 10" TALL AND HAS A BASE THAT IS IDENTICAL TO THE ONE IN THE PICTURE. IT IS THE OLDEST PLANT I OWN AND MY ALL-TIME FAVORITE. IT IS OVER 20 YEARS OLD AND WILL CONTINUE TO GROW SO LONG AS IT IS GIVEN A LARGER POT FROM TIME TO TIME.

Sponsored
Michael Nash Design, Build & Homes
Average rating: 4.9 out of 5 stars254 Reviews
Northern Virginia Design Build Firm | 18x Best of Houzz