Shop Products
Houzz Logo Print
ariole

Echeveria nodulosa

ariole
18 years ago

Not growing like most Echeverias I'm used to seeing. This one insists on growing like a little 'twiggy' plant.

Notice the scars, the result of being sprayed with Imidocloprid.

{{gwi:463178}}

Al

Comments (12)

• rodiq
    18 years ago

Hi again, Al,

Another beautiful Echeveria.

Rodica

Here is a link that might be useful: here is mine (in may)

• greenlarry
    18 years ago

I like this Echie a lot, and yet its so unEcheveria-like!
    If that makes sense!

• greenlarry
    18 years ago

here is mine (in may)

rodiq, what is the plant to the right of your Ech, with short hairs coming from between the leaves?

• rjm710
    18 years ago

Larry, I think the plant to the right of Rodiq's Ech is an Anacampseros. By the way, does anyone know if E. nodulosa blooms, and if so, at what time of year?

• greenlarry
    18 years ago

Ah of course, portulaceaceae, should have realised by the hairs!

• rodiq
    18 years ago

That's an Anacampseros rufescens.

Rodica

Here is a link that might be useful: E.nodulosa bloom (not mine!)

• ariole
    Original Author
    18 years ago

Rodica, thanks for that link. I feel I need to allow my plant to do it's own thing. I've had it for probably less than a year and I wanted it to stay compact, ie. close to the ground like most of my other Echeverias. I continually removed the top and re-rooted. I will now allow it to grow as a shrub if it so chooses.

Ray, Do you grow the plant? I think mine is a local H/D rescue.

Al

• greenlarry
    18 years ago

I really like the colour of those flowers, kinda peachy!

• rjm710
    18 years ago

Al, I don't have it yet, but I'm sure I'll run into it soon (let's see, did I have to get some duct tape today?). It seems that Eches bloom at different times of the year, but I have the most success if they bloom in spring or summer. Winter bloomers don't work with the lack of light here.

• rosemariero
    18 years ago

Al ~it looks GREAT! Your plants are the Super Models of the Succulent Plant World! :D

Mine has not flowered for me yet, but I believe it will happen in May-June. Just a guess, as I have another plant that has E. nodulosa as a parent & it blooms then.

~Rosemarie

• Niel42_Scotland
    18 years ago

Al,
    Nice plant.
    It has a similar growth habit to Echeveria harmsii they are both sub shrubs.
    With this growing type of Echeveria stem cuttings are better for propagation although leaves will take they are extremely slow in making a new plant.
    Echeveria nodulosa will make a shrub about 15-18inches in height.
    Flowering,I don't know about your side of the pond but here in the UK it is usually in the summer months.
    Niel.

• ariole
    Original Author
    18 years ago

Hi Niel. I now understand but initially, I was not prepared for shrub type growth.

Al

Sponsored
Kuhns Contracting, Inc.
Average rating: 5 out of 5 stars26 Reviews
Central Ohio's Trusted Home Remodeler Specializing in Kitchens & Baths