Shop Products
Houzz Logo Print
patrick_in_fb

Attempting to post my first pic...

patrick_in_fb
18 years ago

Thanks to encouragement from Paracelsus, I'm going to try to post a photo to see if I have the hang of this...

[IMG]http://i40.photobucket.com/albums/e203/pmand02/cyclops.jpg[/IMG]

Comments (11)

• patrick_in_fb
    Original Author
    18 years ago

Well, that didn't work. Any suggestions as to what I'm doing wrong? Photobucket has three boxes for each picture, 'URL', 'Tag' and 'Img' - maybe I'm using the wrong one?

Any help would be appreciated... i'm an Internet moron.

• greenlarry
    18 years ago

youre using the wrong img tag.
    Instead of [img] try enlcosing all that inside (without the space after the first {{gwi:464007}}
    Photobucket includes this for you

Heres an example:

{{gwi:464010}}
    (see the Tag just right of the cursor arrow)

• paracelsus
    18 years ago

Patrick, which code to use depends on the internet site. Different sites require particular types of code to be used in threads. Here, full size images will be displayed using the 'tag' code that is automatically displayed beneath each pic in your Photobucket album. That is how usually post single images in threads.

There is also a little check box next to each of your pics, and a button at the bottom of each page to "generate html and img code" that creates a new page with code for clickable thumbnails. Use the first line of code for use in this forum (html clickable thumbnails). This is useful if you have a whole bunch of photos to display and don't want to make pages load slowly for those with slow internet connections. They can then decide to click and wait for a full size image, or not.

You should see your picture or thumbnail in the preview screen when creating a post here at GW. If not, check the code again before submitting. Once you firgure out which links work, it is easy.

I saw some of your garden on another site and am glad to help. I want to see More of your 1/2 acre dry garden.
    {{gwi:464005}}Â Â

• patrick_in_fb
    Original Author
    18 years ago

OK, let me try this again...

{{gwi:464016}}

{{gwi:464019}}

• patrick_in_fb
    Original Author
    18 years ago

Yippee! Now I'm on a roll - let's try this one:

Aloe ciliaris & Kalanchoe marnierana

{{gwi:464022}}

• fouquieria
    18 years ago

Wow Peter, you painted your house!

Greg and Maria were at your Garden Party last month.

Here is his gardening site--Spectre' Jungle.

-Ron-

Here is a link that might be useful: Greg's Site

• fouquieria
    18 years ago

Dang! I mean Patrick! (I just sent an e-mail to a friend named Peter)

-Ron-

• tjsangel
    18 years ago

What beautiful plants Patrick! Once you get the hang of it Photobucket is easy to use. The golden barrel cacti are pretty cool. I love your pics, nice nice nice!

Jen

• biwako_of_abi
    18 years ago

What wonderful plants you have! My A. ciliaris has never bloomed, just increased and tried to take over the succulent bed it is in. I was thinking of severely pruning it and relegating it to an obscure corner, but if its blooms are that beautiful, I think I'll try to treat it better. That's marvelous color in the aloe blooms in the top picture, too, and I am in awe of your golden barrel cacti.

• mrbrownthumb
    18 years ago

Your garden is simply jaw dropping! It looks like a botanical garden. Very nice pic.

• greenlarry
    18 years ago

Beautiful pics Patrick,well worth waiting for!

Sponsored