Return to the Cacti Gallery Forum | Post a Follow-Up

o
Please save my cactus?

Posted by thumbsnotgreen none (My Page) on
Fri, Feb 24, 12 at 13:32

Hi everyone,

I'm a city-dwelling 25 year old who knows nothing about gardening, so you may be my only hope. Here's the story: my family has had this cactus (and its genetically identical predecessors) for several years. A few years ago my mom took some clippings and gave me this cactus, which has been in my apartment ever since.

About a week ago part of the cactus dried up (one of the stalks? whatever you call it), so I moved the cactus to a sunnier part of the room and watered it. I really didn't water it much more than I have been (intermittently for the last several months/years), but now I'm thinking that I overdid it.

What do you think I should do?

Image link: Please save my cactus? (47 k)

Follow-Up Postings:

o
RE: Please save my cactus?

Can you take another picture? It's really hard to tell anything about it or even what kind of cactus it is.
I know size limitations here can be a pain.

o Post a Follow-Up

Please Note: Only registered members are able to post messages to this forum.

If you are a member, please log in.

If you aren't yet a member, join now!

Return to the Cacti Gallery Forum

Information about Posting

• You must be logged in to post a message. Once you are logged in, a posting window will appear at the bottom of the messages. If you are not a member, please register for an account.
  • Posting is a two-step process. Once you have composed your message, you will be taken to the preview page. You will then have a chance to review your post, make changes and upload photos.
  • After posting your message, you may need to refresh the forum page in order to see it.
  • Before posting copyrighted material, please read about Copyright and Fair Use.
  • We have a strict no-advertising policy!
  • If you would like to practice posting or uploading photos, please visit our Test forum.
  • If you need assistance, please Contact Us and we will be happy to help.

Learn more about in-text links on this page here