My garden succs!

Posted by paracelsus z9b SF bay area CA (My Page) on
Tue, Feb 28, 06 at 13:35

Yesterday morning before the rain:

Image hosting by Photobucket

Follow-Up Postings:

o
RE: My garden succs!

Ahhh, you folks in CA like to rub it in don't ya? :)
What I wouldn't give to live in a huge glass house. I guess I'll have to settle for what I have.
Great plants, especially the two large ones up front!

Kathy

o

What a treat for the eyes! That is a beautiful picture, and nice plants you have there.

Jen

o

My DH glanced at the screen over my shoulder and thought the title of the photo was "My garden success!" And it should be--we both think your garden is beautiful.

o

paracelsus,

I think you're being far to hard on yourself. I don't think your "garden succs". It's one of the nicest I've seen posted, you did a great job chosing plants with different textures and harmonious colors. :0)

o

Thanks for the nice comments everyone!

I don't think my garden sucks either. I had considered posting under the title "My garden rocks!"

It has a crazy mix of plants, some of which are not going to like the several inches of rain we had last night and today. More rain is on the way. But the plants in the ground have survived three winters outside and a little more rain shouldn't hurt too much. It's the plants in the pots that I worry about. Fortunately, I think the time of frosty nights is over now and nightly patrols have kept the snails in check.

o

Especially like your Aloe polyphylla.
Dan
Lincoln, NE USDA 5

o

It's lovely, and I am glad to be able to see more of your plants.

o

beautiful para, just beautiful!
((damned snails, i hate those buggers!))
jo

o

that garden should be photogaphed and published. well done

o

• Posted by rjj1 Norman OK Zone7 (My Page) on
    Fri, Mar 3, 06 at 16:36

Great stuff. I love the mix of containers and in ground material.

randy

o Post a Follow-Up

Please Note: Only registered members are able to post messages to this forum.

If you are a member, please log in.

If you aren't yet a member, join now!

Return to the Cacti Gallery Forum

Information about Posting

• You must be logged in to post a message. Once you are logged in, a posting window will appear at the bottom of the messages. If you are not a member, please register for an account.
  • Posting is a two-step process. Once you have composed your message, you will be taken to the preview page. You will then have a chance to review your post, make changes and upload photos.
  • After posting your message, you may need to refresh the forum page in order to see it.
  • Before posting copyrighted material, please read about Copyright and Fair Use.
  • We have a strict no-advertising policy!
  • If you would like to practice posting or uploading photos, please visit our Test forum.
  • If you need assistance, please Contact Us and we will be happy to help.

Learn more about in-text links on this page here