Shop Products
Houzz Logo Print
paracelsus

Succulent Panorama

paracelsus
18 years ago

{{gwi:464301}}

Apologies for those with smaller screens. To make this image I stitched together three photos taken yesterday morning. It is my first attempt at using photoshop photomerge and has a few flaws, but it gives a good view of some of my potted succulents. It has been warming up recently with overnights lows now generally above 40F, and my plants are starting to wake up from their winter torpor.

Comments (10)

• patrick_in_fb
    18 years ago

What a great collection! Beautiful plants, and obviously very healthy.

What I want to know is, how did you manage to get such a large photo in here, and stay within GW's silly 60KB size limitation? I'm afraid if I shrink my photos down that far, they'll look like a thumbnail.

• tjsangel
    18 years ago

What a nice combination of plants you have there. They are very well grown and beautiful.

Jen

• greenlarry
    18 years ago

It is my first attempt at using photoshop photomerge and has a few flaws

Really, I cant see any!
    What a great pic!

• proper_gait
    18 years ago

I too would like to know how you managed to post a photo over 114kb.Wouldn't mind taking a nap on a chaise lounge next to your lovely collection.

• biwako_of_abi
    18 years ago

A pleasure to see an array of such healthy plants, and what beautiful color!

• mrbrownthumb
    18 years ago

Very nice job, with the panorama and the cultivation of those plants. They all look nice and healthy.

• paracelsus
    Original Author
    18 years ago

Thanks for the nice comments everyone!

Patrick et al, the picture is not subject to Gardenweb's upload limit of 60K because it is actually located on another web site's server. I use a free image hosting service, Photobucket.

The HTML code for directly linking an image like above is provided by Photobucket, so posting full size images or clickable thumbnails is easy. Many members here use this type of service to display images because the 60K limit is constraining, and only allows for an image link to be displayed instead of the actual photo. In the cactus and succulents forum, using an image host server is the only way to display images in posts.

Photobucket limits files uploaded to 250K, so you still need to used a program like Photoshop to resize and compress images for display. I used a lot of jpg compression in the file above to keep it at a reasonable size for fast loading.

• patrick_in_fb
    18 years ago

I have a Photobucket album as well, but when I try to add a photo to a post, I just get the URL name to show up, not the actual photo. Do you know what I might be doing wrong?

Sorry to be such an idiot...

• Denise
    18 years ago

Patrick,

If Photobucket is like PictureTrail (the site I use) it probably has an "Image URLs" link where you'll get the clickable links. At PictureTrail, I get 5 different options:

"IMG SRC for auctions" (this is the one I use here...)
    "Direct Image Link"
    "Forums (IMG) Tag"
    "Clickable Thumb"
    "Thumb to Album"

If you just bring up your photo and use the URL at the top, that's all that will show up in the forum. You have to add the necessary codes at the beginning and end to get the pic to actually show up.

Denise in Omaha

• Denise
    18 years ago

Para - I meant to add you have a gorgeous collection there! Wish I could get Echeverias to grow like that!

Denise in Omaha (again)

Sponsored
Urban Upkeep LLC
Average rating: 5 out of 5 stars6 Reviews
Franklin County's High Quality Painting Expert