Shop Products
Houzz Logo Print
biwako_of_abi

A little corner of my succulent garden.

biwako_of_abi
18 years ago

At least this section is beginning to have the colors I want, and fortunately all the weeds are not too evident in pictures.

Image link:

Comments (13)

• fouquieria
    18 years ago

That's absolutely beautiful!

-Ron-

• cactuspolecat
    18 years ago

Very nice Jan, you've got the touch! Superb colour variation.

CP

• ooojen
    18 years ago

Oh my, it's gorgeous! What a far cry from my snow-covered garden!

• bcra5006
    18 years ago

I started counting all the different colors............
    Beautiful!
    BC

• sjv78736
    18 years ago

wow jan that is georgeous! tyfs - jo

• biwako_of_abi
    Original Author
    18 years ago

Thanks for the nice comments, folks. Now I have to get to work to make the rest of the bed fit in with this. I put in a bunch of stuff a couple of years ago just to see what would work, so I didn't show you the parts that look a mess. Some things have shown they weren't made for life in the ground, while others have tried to hog all the space and smother their brethren, and a few are, alas, "no longer with us."

• rjj1
    18 years ago

That's a very beautiful bed. Great Job!

randy

• tjsangel
    18 years ago

That is one of the prettiest gardens I have EVER seen! Well done!

Jen

• biwako_of_abi
    Original Author
    18 years ago

Thanks. All these nice comments have made my day!

• greenlarry
    18 years ago

Very nice!

• ariole
    18 years ago

I'm late in posting because I needed a lot of time to digest this beautiful presentation. Perhaps someone said it earlier but I will repeat--this garden is nothing short of a work of art. If it were mine, I would never want to leave.

Al

• patrick_in_fb
    18 years ago

I agree with everyone else, it is a really lovely combination of plants - great colors and textures, and everything looks so healthy! Having said that, may I make one tiny criticism/suggestion? Lose the plastic plant labels. They're essential for collections in pots, but they really detract from the overall loveliness in a garden. Surely by now you remember what these plants are? :-)

It's just my opinion. It's a beautiful composition regardless, but that little change would make it even better.

• biwako_of_abi
    Original Author
    18 years ago

Thanks again, all.
    Patrick, I really appreciate the comment about the labels. Unfortunately, I don't know the names of some of my smaller plants, and some of the labels also carry info better kept in a notebook. You are quite right, and I see that I must do something to keep the labels out of sight. Most are either in pots that I stuck in this plot temporarily so they could get more sun in the winter, or they are to mark things I put in the ground in hopes that they would do better, but there's no getting around it: the garden would look much better without them. I have a lot of labels in a small bed of haworthias and gasterias, too, and thanks to your suggestion, I will find another way to keep track of things.

Sponsored
Winks Remodeling & Handyman Services
Average rating: 5 out of 5 stars1 Review
Custom Craftsmanship & Construction Solutions in Franklin County