Return to the Cacti Gallery Forum | Post a Follow-Up

o
A little corner of my succulent garden.

Posted by biwako_of_abi San Diego (My Page) on
Sat, Feb 11, 06 at 21:28

At least this section is beginning to have the colors I want, and fortunately all the weeds are not too evident in pictures.

Image link: A little corner of my succulent garden. (57 k)

Follow-Up Postings:

o
RE: A little corner of my succulent garden.

That's absolutely beautiful!

-Ron-

o

Very nice Jan, you've got the touch! Superb colour variation.

CP

o

Oh my, it's gorgeous! What a far cry from my snow-covered garden!

o

I started counting all the different colors............
Beautiful!
BC

o

wow jan that is georgeous! tyfs - jo

o

Thanks for the nice comments, folks. Now I have to get to work to make the rest of the bed fit in with this. I put in a bunch of stuff a couple of years ago just to see what would work, so I didn't show you the parts that look a mess. Some things have shown they weren't made for life in the ground, while others have tried to hog all the space and smother their brethren, and a few are, alas, "no longer with us."

o

• Posted by rjj1 Norman OK Zone7 (My Page) on
    Sun, Feb 12, 06 at 7:37

That's a very beautiful bed. Great Job!

randy

o

That is one of the prettiest gardens I have EVER seen! Well done!

Jen

o

Thanks. All these nice comments have made my day!

o

Very nice!

o

I'm late in posting because I needed a lot of time to digest this beautiful presentation. Perhaps someone said it earlier but I will repeat--this garden is nothing short of a work of art. If it were mine, I would never want to leave.

Al

o

I agree with everyone else, it is a really lovely combination of plants - great colors and textures, and everything looks so healthy! Having said that, may I make one tiny criticism/suggestion? Lose the plastic plant labels. They're essential for collections in pots, but they really detract from the overall loveliness in a garden. Surely by now you remember what these plants are? :-)

It's just my opinion. It's a beautiful composition regardless, but that little change would make it even better.

o

Thanks again, all.
Patrick, I really appreciate the comment about the labels. Unfortunately, I don't know the names of some of my smaller plants, and some of the labels also carry info better kept in a notebook. You are quite right, and I see that I must do something to keep the labels out of sight. Most are either in pots that I stuck in this plot temporarily so they could get more sun in the winter, or they are to mark things I put in the ground in hopes that they would do better, but there's no getting around it: the garden would look much better without them. I have a lot of labels in a small bed of haworthias and gasterias, too, and thanks to your suggestion, I will find another way to keep track of things.

o Post a Follow-Up

Please Note: Only registered members are able to post messages to this forum.

If you are a member, please log in.

If you aren't yet a member, join now!

Return to the Cacti Gallery Forum

Information about Posting

• You must be logged in to post a message. Once you are logged in, a posting window will appear at the bottom of the messages. If you are not a member, please register for an account.
  • Please review our Rules of Play before posting.
  • Posting is a two-step process. Once you have composed your message, you will be taken to the preview page. You will then have a chance to review your post, make changes and upload photos.
  • After posting your message, you may need to refresh the forum page in order to see it.
  • Before posting copyrighted material, please read about Copyright and Fair Use.
  • We have a strict no-advertising policy!
  • If you would like to practice posting or uploading photos, please visit our Test forum.
  • If you need assistance, please Contact Us and we will be happy to help.

Learn more about in-text links on this page here