Return to the Cacti Gallery Forum | Post a Follow-Up

o
Some stuff getting ready to bloom

Posted by fouquieria (My Page) on
Thu, Mar 9, 06 at 13:10

Went around the yard the other day to see what might be getting ready to bloom. Here is what I found--

-Ron-

Follow-Up Postings:

o
RE: Some stuff getting ready to bloom

Oh, nice stuff! I am envious of your Pachypodium namaquanums. Mine lost all its leaves recently. It seems to be responding to more light and moisture now that it is Spring and it is back outside. It is severely underpotted right now and it is good to see yours in the ground. I thought it was too cold for this plant during the winter here in SF Bay peninsula, and kept it inside for a couple of months. I got my first half-men last summer and am still uncertain how it will like living here. What is your location?

Nice to see the blooming aloes too and your dense and diverse plantings. Good growing!

o
RE: Some stuff getting ready to bloom

Thanks. I live about 10 miles due east of San Diego (I can see downtown from my balconies). I had the P. namaquanums for a number of years in pots. I've discovered they are among the easiest of Pachys to grow. They seem to handle the cold and wet quite well here.

Just an FYI--for me at least, the more difficult Pachys for me to grow OUTSIDE are P. rosulatum and P. horombense. I lost a really nice, blooming P. horombense in a pot last year--just by moving it to a different, less sunny spot!

The really touchy ones like P. eburneum and P. makayense I grow inside in one of those kitchen window greenhouses.

-Ron-

o Post a Follow-Up

Please Note: Only registered members are able to post messages to this forum.

If you are a member, please log in.

If you aren't yet a member, join now!

Return to the Cacti Gallery Forum

Information about Posting

• You must be logged in to post a message. Once you are logged in, a posting window will appear at the bottom of the messages. If you are not a member, please register for an account.
  • Posting is a two-step process. Once you have composed your message, you will be taken to the preview page. You will then have a chance to review your post, make changes and upload photos.
  • After posting your message, you may need to refresh the forum page in order to see it.
  • Before posting copyrighted material, please read about Copyright and Fair Use.
  • We have a strict no-advertising policy!
  • If you would like to practice posting or uploading photos, please visit our Test forum.
  • If you need assistance, please Contact Us and we will be happy to help.

Learn more about in-text links on this page here