Return to the Cacti Gallery Forum | Post a Follow-Up

o
dragon fruit

Posted by kmjk71 none (My Page) on
Sat, Apr 19, 14 at 8:13

so i got my dragon fruit a couple years ago from disney world and its grown to about a foot and a half. it has multiple vines coming from the roots and is overall doing well. i just have a few questions. 1. are they supposed to be skinny at the very bottom? 2. i am potting it so how is the best way to prepare the soil(what to mix in, etc.) 3. what is the best way to get them to climb? thank you very much for your help

Follow-Up Postings:

o
RE: dragon fruit

I live in the UK, my dragon fruit I bought several cuttings and I grow from seed too, so.

soil I have found a orchid like (bark,coconut husk, leaf mould) with a bit of grit and loam works well. for me. but I have used commercial cactus mix and john Innes no2

I have one that has a thin lower part. that is getting 'fatter' as it goes higher.

I also have a few that are three angles and some with four.

o Post a Follow-Up

Please Note: Only registered members are able to post messages to this forum.

If you are a member, please log in.

If you aren't yet a member, join now!

Return to the Cacti Gallery Forum

Information about Posting

• You must be logged in to post a message. Once you are logged in, a posting window will appear at the bottom of the messages. If you are not a member, please register for an account.
  • Posting is a two-step process. Once you have composed your message, you will be taken to the preview page. You will then have a chance to review your post, make changes and upload photos.
  • After posting your message, you may need to refresh the forum page in order to see it.
  • Before posting copyrighted material, please read about Copyright and Fair Use.
  • We have a strict no-advertising policy!
  • If you would like to practice posting or uploading photos, please visit our Test forum.
  • If you need assistance, please Contact Us and we will be happy to help.

Learn more about in-text links on this page here