Return to the Cacti Gallery Forum | Post a Follow-Up

o
...and this is your brain on Euphorbias

Posted by vilcat z4b NH (My Page) on
Wed, Apr 5, 06 at 10:04

Here is my new Euphorbia lactea crest, isn't it gorgeous?!

Follow-Up Postings:

o
RE: ...and this is your brain on Euphorbias

I think you have confused brain with intestines, but it truly is gorgeous. Anyone would love to have one like that.

o

Yes indeed, that is gorgeous. Be careful with sun exposure. I moved a crested E. kibwezensis outside a little too early this year. It was seriously suburned on one side. Hopefully the scars will be less obvious as it gets older.

Your plant looks perfect. It is growing on its own roots?

o

Vilcat,
Pretty plant, they will grow up though. Here is a link to my 27 year old (check out the next shot). I need to make some cuttings of it and get it back down a bit.
Dan
Lincoln, NE USDA 5

Here is a link that might be useful: This and a side shot, next

o

Dan,
That plant is SO cool!!! I'm glad, though, that mine will take 27 years to get like your's, it looks like it takes up quite a bit of space. I just got an E. lactea 'White Ghost'. It is still small also.

o

It took years for mine to throw a couple of normal growths, if that happens, just cut and start like any cactus or Euphorbia. These can sometimes then revert to a crested later or just stay normal.
Dan
Lincoln, NE USDA 5

o

Some seem to grow faster than others.

Here's mine that I got just two years ago which is now about twice its original size. It's now in an 16" (or is it 18") pot.

o

Very nice Jadegarden,
I hope mine doesn't grow too fast.

o Post a Follow-Up

Please Note: Only registered members are able to post messages to this forum.

If you are a member, please log in.

If you aren't yet a member, join now!

Return to the Cacti Gallery Forum

Information about Posting

• You must be logged in to post a message. Once you are logged in, a posting window will appear at the bottom of the messages. If you are not a member, please register for an account.
  • Posting is a two-step process. Once you have composed your message, you will be taken to the preview page. You will then have a chance to review your post, make changes and upload photos.
  • After posting your message, you may need to refresh the forum page in order to see it.
  • Before posting copyrighted material, please read about Copyright and Fair Use.
  • We have a strict no-advertising policy!
  • If you would like to practice posting or uploading photos, please visit our Test forum.
  • If you need assistance, please Contact Us and we will be happy to help.

Learn more about in-text links on this page here