Return to the Cacti Gallery Forum | Post a Follow-Up

o
Crumpled look to cactus. Anything to worry about?

Posted by Raistlyn none (My Page) on
Sun, Apr 1, 12 at 10:47

Hi,
I'm a newbie to cacti and need some help here. My cactus (not even sure what kind it is) seems to have developed a crumpled look. I'm just back from a 2 week holiday so it hasn't had water for that long but I reckon cacti have no problem with that?

It had had a slight problem with mealy bugs before but I used some vinegar to brush them off with an old toothbrush and have been diligently following up so make sure they don't get a foothold.

Is the crumpled look anything to worry about? Too little or too much water?

Here's a pic:
http://flic.kr/p/buJiEG
The crumpled arms face each other in the front of the photo.

Many Imany thanks!

Follow-Up Postings:

o
RE: Crumpled look to cactus. Anything to worry about?

Raist,

Your Opuntia species is designed to look withered in times of low / no water. Water it up and it will plump up. I don't think you will have a problem with this plant.

o Post a Follow-Up

Please Note: Only registered members are able to post messages to this forum.

If you are a member, please log in.

If you aren't yet a member, join now!

Return to the Cacti Gallery Forum

Information about Posting

• You must be logged in to post a message. Once you are logged in, a posting window will appear at the bottom of the messages. If you are not a member, please register for an account.
  • Posting is a two-step process. Once you have composed your message, you will be taken to the preview page. You will then have a chance to review your post, make changes and upload photos.
  • After posting your message, you may need to refresh the forum page in order to see it.
  • Before posting copyrighted material, please read about Copyright and Fair Use.
  • We have a strict no-advertising policy!
  • If you would like to practice posting or uploading photos, please visit our Test forum.
  • If you need assistance, please Contact Us and we will be happy to help.

Learn more about in-text links on this page here