Shop Products
Houzz Logo Print
greenlarry_gw

Whats up with my Aloe?

greenlarry
18 years ago

This is A variegata with flower bud, but for whatevr reason the flowers have opened within the whorl of leaves!

{{gwi:469431}}

Comments (4)

• greenlarry
    Original Author
    18 years ago

Re post as I had to move the pic:

{{gwi:469432}}

• tjsangel
    18 years ago

Mine is doing the exact same thing. The buds have been in the plant for a few months, now they are opening inside the plant. Id like to know why too!

Jen

• greenlarry
    Original Author
    18 years ago

Do you have yours in a cold greenhouse like me? I wonder if its the cold thats made it happen.

• cactijoe
    18 years ago

I think you guessed right concerning temperature. If it were Summer and the temp's and moisture was up I think you'd have had a different display. These plants never know what time of the year it is and we are always tweaking their environment artificially. I had some Mamm's blooming in January and others that held their buds till nearly Spring but they had set buds in Fall and YOINK!! I had to bring them in so they didn't freeze. I have a nice F. Herrera that sets buds every Fall but never gets to bloom because I bring it inside before the first frost and the buds give up over Winter and dry up without opening. I learned my lesson on my orchid last Spring so she got lots of water this time around and is covered in stems, buds, and flowers this year. -CJ

Sponsored
Ferguson Bath, Kitchen & Lighting Gallery
Average rating: 4.4 out of 5 stars233 Reviews
Ferguson Bath, Kitchen & Lighting Gallery