Return to the Cacti Gallery Forum | Post a Follow-Up

o
Whats up with my Aloe?

Posted by greenlarry Eng 8/9 (My Page) on
Thu, Apr 6, 06 at 14:58

This is A variegata with flower bud, but for whatevr reason the flowers have opened within the whorl of leaves!

Image hosting by Photobucket

Follow-Up Postings:

o
RE: Whats up with my Aloe?

Re post as I had to move the pic:

Image hosting by Photobucket

o

Mine is doing the exact same thing. The buds have been in the plant for a few months, now they are opening inside the plant. Id like to know why too!

Jen

o
RE: Whats up with my Aloe?/Cold?

Do you have yours in a cold greenhouse like me? I wonder if its the cold thats made it happen.

o

I think you guessed right concerning temperature. If it were Summer and the temp's and moisture was up I think you'd have had a different display. These plants never know what time of the year it is and we are always tweaking their environment artificially. I had some Mamm's blooming in January and others that held their buds till nearly Spring but they had set buds in Fall and YOINK!! I had to bring them in so they didn't freeze. I have a nice F. Herrera that sets buds every Fall but never gets to bloom because I bring it inside before the first frost and the buds give up over Winter and dry up without opening. I learned my lesson on my orchid last Spring so she got lots of water this time around and is covered in stems, buds, and flowers this year. -CJ

o Post a Follow-Up

Please Note: Only registered members are able to post messages to this forum.

If you are a member, please log in.

If you aren't yet a member, join now!

Return to the Cacti Gallery Forum

Information about Posting

• You must be logged in to post a message. Once you are logged in, a posting window will appear at the bottom of the messages. If you are not a member, please register for an account.
  • Posting is a two-step process. Once you have composed your message, you will be taken to the preview page. You will then have a chance to review your post, make changes and upload photos.
  • After posting your message, you may need to refresh the forum page in order to see it.
  • Before posting copyrighted material, please read about Copyright and Fair Use.
  • We have a strict no-advertising policy!
  • If you would like to practice posting or uploading photos, please visit our Test forum.
  • If you need assistance, please Contact Us and we will be happy to help.

Learn more about in-text links on this page here