Return to the Cacti Gallery Forum | Post a Follow-Up

o
Back from my hibernation

Posted by ohio_green_thumb Zone 5b NW Ohio (My Page) on
Sat, Apr 8, 06 at 18:35

Hello all! It's been a long winter hasn't it? I've been busy all winter and took a hiatus from the forum. I guess I needed some time off.

Spring is here now and my plants are all back outside after spending the winter in the basement under lights. The spring bloomers are forming buds and soon the floral displays will begin!

Amy

Mammillaria elongata

Image hosting by Photobucket

Follow-Up Postings:

o
RE: Back from my hibernation

Amy,

How did your Turbinicarpus valdezianus? Did they flower and which color?

Jordi

o

Jordi, they have not flowered yet but I can see a very small bud on one of them. They are back outside now, so maybe the sunshine will coax them to bloom.
Amy

o

Welcome back, Amy.

Hope you had a nice 'winter rest'. I wanted to let you know that the Euphorbia greenwayi is finally showing signs of new growth! I was worried about it all winter, but it looks like it's going to be fine. It's outside now, enjoying the sun/shade. It's been in the high 70s here every day, so I put almost everything out.

I have been doing more posting at the forum in the link below than I have here, but I still hang around here, too.

Enjoy your spring!

Kate

Here is a link that might be useful: The Garden Forums

o

Welcome back Amy, beautiful shot there!

o

All right, stop showing off you part time cactophile. I took some time off too and had a shoulder surgery and got married. Waiting to have the old GB (gall bladder) yanked out now. Think we can start a do-it-yourself surgery web site? I lost one sweet cactus this Winter, a big Thelocactus. RIP. -CJ P.S. Greenlarry, I married a British gal so watch it or I'll turn her loose on you!

o

cactijoe, I met up with an amrican gal a few years back, (Before Helen)aint the internet wonderful?....

o

CactiJoe:

Home surgery is easy...My tips:

Hot screwdriver, and steak knife. Good cutting!

Kate

o Post a Follow-Up

Please Note: Only registered members are able to post messages to this forum.

If you are a member, please log in.

If you aren't yet a member, join now!

Return to the Cacti Gallery Forum

Information about Posting

• You must be logged in to post a message. Once you are logged in, a posting window will appear at the bottom of the messages. If you are not a member, please register for an account.
  • Posting is a two-step process. Once you have composed your message, you will be taken to the preview page. You will then have a chance to review your post, make changes and upload photos.
  • After posting your message, you may need to refresh the forum page in order to see it.
  • Before posting copyrighted material, please read about Copyright and Fair Use.
  • We have a strict no-advertising policy!
  • If you would like to practice posting or uploading photos, please visit our Test forum.
  • If you need assistance, please Contact Us and we will be happy to help.

Learn more about in-text links on this page here