Return to the Cacti Gallery Forum | Post a Follow-Up

o
wierd, possibly ugly but nice

Posted by anya_101 z5b central,IL (My Page) on
Sat, May 6, 06 at 11:27

Here is a photo of what "looked dead" to most when I bought it, due to coloration.... enjoy the other photos of album too if you'd like, all are newer shots.

Here is a link that might be useful: Ugly duckling

Follow-Up Postings:

o
RE: wierd, possibly ugly but nice

It looks like spider mites had a field day, but I think the colouring must be natural since it isn't growing out. Probably why it is grafted. Very interesting.

o

Thats the same thing you stated last time I placed it on here shrubs. It is the color of it. It is in pretty good shape for what it is anyway.
Around here, all of these are grafted that you find, but yes, lacking of color is indeed a good reason for the grafting of it also.

o

Oh BTW, I also just added a couple of photos of the flower fully open. Very satin looking and pretty.

Here is a link that might be useful: In full bloom

o

LOL!! My memory isn't what it used to be :)

o

Hmmm are you sure it's not spider mites? I've seen plenty of varieties of this species, but never one of this colour. Yes I one had one with an identical colour: a plant full of ... spider mites. I would treat it against mites and see if new growth isn't green all of a sudden...
JMHO
Pieter

o

Pieter,
Around here, this color can be found in several places. It sets right in with the natural green colored ones when sold. I have been seeing these for a couple of years now, and even though ugly, I had no choice but to finally buy one as a couriosity, as I checked them all over before I bought it. No scale, or spider mites on this guy, or any of the others I saw. Since I bought it, it has put several babies out on the sides.
I mainly was just wondering if anyone else had ever seen this color form before, for sale?
Rose

o Post a Follow-Up

Please Note: Only registered members are able to post messages to this forum.

If you are a member, please log in.

If you aren't yet a member, join now!

Return to the Cacti Gallery Forum

Information about Posting

• You must be logged in to post a message. Once you are logged in, a posting window will appear at the bottom of the messages. If you are not a member, please register for an account.
  • Please review our Rules of Play before posting.
  • Posting is a two-step process. Once you have composed your message, you will be taken to the preview page. You will then have a chance to review your post, make changes and upload photos.
  • After posting your message, you may need to refresh the forum page in order to see it.
  • Before posting copyrighted material, please read about Copyright and Fair Use.
  • We have a strict no-advertising policy!
  • If you would like to practice posting or uploading photos, please visit our Test forum.
  • If you need assistance, please Contact Us and we will be happy to help.

Learn more about in-text links on this page here