Return to the Cacti Gallery Forum | Post a Follow-Up

o
lophophora diffusa

Posted by carlk 8b (My Page) on
Sat, May 19, 07 at 12:32

This is a seven year old diffusa that I started from seed.

Image link: lophophora diffusa (57 k)

Follow-Up Postings:

o
RE: lophophora diffusa

It's a beauty! I just started some myself this past winter. Needless to say, they've got a way to go!

o

Nice plant, but are you sure it's 7 years old? It looks much younger then that.

o

The plant in this folder "P1010004" is 7 yeears old also and it is 4 times larger. Mine range in size a lot. I need to get all of my plants into deeper pots. The shallow pot may be slowing down it's growth. The largest one that I have just sprouted it's first pup also. Wish I had more of these, they are my favorite to grow.

Here is a link that might be useful: all 7 year old

o

new link

Here is a link that might be useful: http://www.flickr.com/photos/8912065@N06/sets/72157600441847544/

o

carlk. I wouldn't worry about how slow it grows, really.
If you force it during the summer, with fertilizer extra water, it will simply split it's sides & be prone to rot , anyways.
I doubt it'd bloom any sooner. It is just one of the slower growing cacti. I've had flowers on Aztekium & Geohintonia, sooner.
Although I think only Pelecyphora asseliformis seens to be about as comparably slow to reach flowering age.
But I must admit, Aztekium hintonii, isn't in much of a hurry either.Patience is definitely required...
Hope your cacti do well, this spring (get 'em extra heated up & then watered early!)
gringo

o Post a Follow-Up

Please Note: Only registered members are able to post messages to this forum.

If you are a member, please log in.

If you aren't yet a member, join now!

Return to the Cacti Gallery Forum

Information about Posting

• You must be logged in to post a message. Once you are logged in, a posting window will appear at the bottom of the messages. If you are not a member, please register for an account.
  • Please review our Rules of Play before posting.
  • Posting is a two-step process. Once you have composed your message, you will be taken to the preview page. You will then have a chance to review your post, make changes and upload photos.
  • After posting your message, you may need to refresh the forum page in order to see it.
  • Before posting copyrighted material, please read about Copyright and Fair Use.
  • We have a strict no-advertising policy!
  • If you would like to practice posting or uploading photos, please visit our Test forum.
  • If you need assistance, please Contact Us and we will be happy to help.

Learn more about in-text links on this page here