Return to the Cacti Gallery Forum | Post a Follow-Up

o
Escobaria flower

Posted by ariole z7DE (My Page) on
Sun, May 6, 07 at 15:28

Little Escobaria minima from just north of Big Bend N.P. in Brewster County, TX.

A reliable bloomer.

Al

click for larger view

Free Image Hosting at www.ImageShack.us

Follow-Up Postings:

o
RE: Escobaria flower

Exceptional. I have obtained 2 recently and one is showing buds, so I see that I really have something to look forward to. Hopefully their flowers will overlap and I can pollinate them.

o

Welcome to the group, mr c.

I sure hope you enjoy your little Escobarias as much as I do mine. I was fortunate to see these in habitat once upon a time.

Al

o

Hey-- it's Mr. Cleaver! Small world! (Eriospermum came back from the tuber-- been meaning to send a picture, but I've gotten behind on email.)

Al-- Your plant is a little jewel!

o

ariole - My 2 have gone wild and started blooming profusely. So many blooms from such a small plant, this variety is a worthy of any collection. I would like to see them in habitat, it is always interesting to see how they develop under natural conditions.

ooojen - A small world after all...Conophytum season will be in full swing soon. How are your Erisopermine anyway? I was at a show in CT recently and saw a pot full of them. They were brought by Matt Opel from UCONN, I was lucky to have met him.

To any who might be interested in Escobaria minima, be sure to purchase them from a reputable dealer who grows from seed. There are many to be found on the web. One day they will build a Wal-Mart where these plants live (one county in TX) and that will be it for them. Until then leave them there.

o

Thanks Jen. You always have a kind word. And a discerning eye.

I'm really happy to know your plants are doing their thing with gusto, m r. Lotsa flowers is always special icing on the cake.

Al

o

• Posted by rodiq SE Europe (My Page) on
    Sat, Jun 30, 07 at 13:34

Goergeous flower and picture, Ariole.

Mine bloomed too this year, 9 flowers at once.

Rodiq

Here is a link that might be useful: Escobaria

o

Well, they bloomed alright! I got 9 blooms at one flowering, too.

o Post a Follow-Up

Please Note: Only registered members are able to post messages to this forum.

If you are a member, please log in.

If you aren't yet a member, join now!

Return to the Cacti Gallery Forum

Information about Posting

• You must be logged in to post a message. Once you are logged in, a posting window will appear at the bottom of the messages. If you are not a member, please register for an account.
  • Please review our Rules of Play before posting.
  • Posting is a two-step process. Once you have composed your message, you will be taken to the preview page. You will then have a chance to review your post, make changes and upload photos.
  • After posting your message, you may need to refresh the forum page in order to see it.
  • Before posting copyrighted material, please read about Copyright and Fair Use.
  • We have a strict no-advertising policy!
  • If you would like to practice posting or uploading photos, please visit our Test forum.
  • If you need assistance, please Contact Us and we will be happy to help.

Learn more about in-text links on this page here